Chapter 3: Meeting Laurel Lance

Soon Flasheart and Freddy arrived in Star City, the City of the Green Arrow. They stopped and ate some Big Belly Burgers, took a stroll through the park, and checked out the Green Arrow statue. It was a nice time in the city for both Flasheart and Freddy. Flasheart was starting to feel a little better, but he still felt sad inside. They were walking back the hotel they were staying.

"So, dad, are having a nice time here?" Freddy asks.

"Yeah, a matter of fact, I'm really enjoying the peaceful day. This was a good idea, Freddy." Flasheart said.

"I told you, you need a little vacation from your work." Freddy said.

"You were totally right about that." Flasheart said.

"Maybe, you meet someone you'll like?" Freddy said.

"Freddy, I already told you that it's not going to work. I doubt that I'll find a woman-" Flasheart said before bumping into someone carrying bags.

"Oof." They both said as the person dropped her bags.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there." Flasheart said as he helps pick up the bags. He then sees that it is a blonde woman.

"No, no, no, no. It's my fault, I wasn't looking where I was going." The woman said as she picks up her stuff.

Flasheart finally got a good look at her. She was a beautiful blonde woman in a brown coat with gorgeous eyes looking him. He suddenly felt lightheaded and happy. He finally helps her with her stuff.

"Thanks for helping me with my stuff

"Thanks for helping me with my stuff. Uhh... my name is Laurel Lance." Laurel said.

"I'm Flasheart Lupin, and this is my son, Freddy." Flasheart introducing him and his son.

" Flasheart introducing him and his son

"Hi." Freddy said.

"Hi, kid

"Hi, kid." Laurel said.

"My dad's single by the way." Freddy said which got him an elbow hit into his side from Flasheart.

"Oh, okay?" Laurel said.

"Freddy, quit it!" Flasheart whispered to Freddy. Flasheart then turned to Laurel.

"Sorry about that." He said to her.

"No, no, no, it's... okay." Laurel said laughing a little.

"Oh, okay." Flasheart said laughing a little bit too.

Both of them stared at each other as they stopped laughing. For a moment, it was like they were the only people in the world.

"So what are you guys doing?" Laurel asks.

"My son and I are spending a father-and-son bonding trip here." He said.

"Oh, so where are you from?" Laurel asked.

"Milford City." Flasheart answered.

"Cool." Laurel said.

Freddy saw his dad's reaction with Laurel and can tell that he likes her. Maybe he can go on a date with her.

"Well, we best be going. Uhh... I guess I'll see you around." Flasheart said as they began to walk away.

"Hey, maybe we can talk later again." Laurel said.

"Here." Laurel said as she writes down her phone number on a piece of paper and hands it to him.

"Here's my number." She said to him.

"Oh, thanks. Wait, wait here's my number." Flasheart said as he writes down his number and gives it to her.

"There, now we can talk." Flasheart said. They both smile at each other.

"Well, I'll see you later." Laurel said as she walks away.

"Sure, see ya." Flasheart said.

Flasheart and Freddy continued to walk back to the hotel. As they walked, Flasheart couldn't stop thinking about Laurel.

"You like her, don't you?" Freddy asks.

"What? No, no, no, I don't." Flasheart said. Freddy gave him a look saying that he's lying.

"Okay, maybe I do like her, but she'll never like me. Plus I'm a werewolf, I doubt she'll love me." He said.

"Maybe if she got to know you, she won't care if you're a werewolf." Freddy explained.

"Maybe. Come on son, let's go." Flasheart said as they finally reached the hotel.
   __________________________________

Laurel finally reached home where the rest of her friends and family were there. She never thought she would fall in love again after the Oliver Queen on Earth-2 died, but now she can't stop thinking about that handsome Flasheart Lupin. All of her friends and family were talking to each other as Laurel put down her stuff. Felicity saw her coming in and helped her unload.

"Hey, you're back. How was it?" She asked.

"It was uhh... good. No trouble at all." Laurel said as she smiles. She saw Felicity looking at her strange.

"What?" She asked.

"You're smiling. You never really smile." Felicity said.

"So what."

"So I want to know why."

"It's nothing." Laurel said wanting to end the conversation. Felicity then gasps in happiness.

"Now what?" Laurel said.

"You're in love! Oh my God! I'm so happy for you." Felicity said as she hugs Laurel.

"No. No no no no. No, I am not in love." She said.

"Yes, you are. Come on, tell me." Felicity said as they walk to sit on the couch.

"Okay, okay, okay, fine. Yes, I met someone with his son. He's single by the way." She said. Felicity smiled while being excited to hear this.

"What's his name?" Felicity asked.

"His name is Flasheart Lupin. He's kind, sweet, looks strong, brown spiked hair and sideburns, and is handsome. He's also from Milford City." Laurel explained.

"Awwww." Felicity said as she hugs Laurel again.

"You got to take me to meet him." She said.

"Well, his son and him are staying in the city for a while, so maybe tomorrow I can introduce you to him."

"Great!" She said.

Laurel and Felicity then join the others. Oliver comes to them.

"Hey, so... what was that about?" Oliver asked.

"Laurel has a crush." Felicity said.

"Oh. Well, congratulations." He said to Laurel.

"Thanks." She replied. They continued to enjoy the party. She looks out the window to see the city and thinks about Flasheart.

"See you soon." She said as she turns to joins the others.
  __________________________________

Meanwhile at the hotel, Freddy was sleeping in bed. Flasheart was laying in bed looking at city through the window thinking about Laurel.

"See you soon." He said as he falls to sleep.