~Like Cherry Blossoms ♡~

#1
—————————————

"Great! You're here! Now quickly, before the wind dies down!"
She chuckled, whilst grabbing the adeptus's hand and dragging him behind her.

What was this all about?

Xiao's confusion had shown on his face, which he forced back into his usual scowl. The warmth he felt from just a simple action had made his heart race as he never felt this type of sensation before. He didn't exactly dislike it, however he wasn't going to admit that. He huffed out an exhausted sigh, and the cheery smile she wore on her face had only made it more difficult to push her away for questioning, so he found himself following closely behind.

"Isn't Inazuma pretty, Xiao!" Y/n exclaimed, looking back at the confused adeptus while still holding his hand.

So this was Inazuma, what was he doing in a closed off nation?

"Inazuma? Was there a reason to call me here." She froze and lightly nudged his arm with her own, chuckling nervously under his stand-offish gaze. "Well.. uh, I just thought it'd be nice for you to take a break once in awhile..?"

That was a lie.

Maybe it had been a little selfish to call him away from his duties and all the way out of Liyue. But the truth was that she wanted to enjoy the beautiful scenery Inazuma had to offer with the adeptus. And she was sure if she had asked him beforehand, it was certain that he would've decline. "I do not require 'breaks', have you no knowledge about the adepti?"

Xiao swiftly turns his head away, and Y/n let go of his hand, watching it drop back to his side. The warmth he felt had soon quickly disappeared, which gave him an odd feeling for he didn't know why. Y/n sighed and chuckled nervously, holding her arm behind her back admiring the vigilant yaksha before her.

"If this was all, I am returning to Liyue" he said sharply, turning his back on her.
"W-Wait! Hold on!"
She snapped back in to reality and with a quick step she grabbed ahold of his hand once again and rushed forward in front of the adeptus, stopping him in his tracks.
"I wanted to admire the cherry blossoms here with you!" She squeezed her eyes shut and blurted out, her cheeks flushing pink.

"I was going to ask you, but I just assumed you would refuse so I didn't bother.." She mumbled while gazing at the ground.

Why would one go to such lengths, incomprehensible.

"You mortals make no sense." He paused for a moment, thinking about his next words.
"Fine, I will accompany you" Xiao spouted.
A small part of him couldn't bare it if he had left now, for he still didn't understand her, nor did he want to just leave her behind. "So you'll stay?" Y/n chirped, looking at the adeptus in utter delight.

Was he serious?

With one of Xiao's hands already in hers, she reaches for the other with a clear opening and pecks him on the cheek with a light kiss. Xiao's breathe hitches at the unexpected gesture making his heart race once again. His lips had parted and his cheeks tinted pink. But she didn't see it for he unlocked their hands and turned away, hiding the flustered look on his face. Though she didn't need to see his face to know what he looked like.

What was this feeling?

Xiao didn't understand the meaning of mortal feelings or why he cowered away when he felt the slightest hint of affection. But maybe if it was with Y/n it wouldn't be so bad if he learned.

"Hmph, let's get moving already."
She chuckled at the adeptus's rare reaction and made haste.

"I'll show you my favourite spot in Inazuma, and hopefully you'll like it too!"

.
.
.

Amakane Island, it was one of the places where the cherry blossoms looked their best.

The wind blew through the trees and pink petals flew around with the breeze. The lanterns that were hung brightened the area making the Island feel more cozy, and just a bit romantic when the moon was out. The small stands that were there were all closed with nobody in sight, which made Xiao feel a bit more comfortable. Lanterns trailed all the way up to the peak of the island where but a single tree and a lantern were located, also with the best view of Inazuma City.

A gust of wind blew over, and the petals off the trees came down almost like a rainfall. Y/n sat down near the ledge, letting her feet dangle as she looked back at the curious yaksha who looked at the blossom's beauty in awe. "They look like they're dancing, huh" She giggled quietly- - careful not to disturb the peaceful atmosphere that befell before them. If she hadn't looked at the adeptus when she did, Y/n would've missed the small smirk that had adorned Xiao's face.

The adeptus soon catches her gaze on him, clearing his throat in a blush- - suppressing his true feelings behind a scowl.
"Just like cherry blossoms" Y/n smiled and huffed a small laugh at the supposedly unexpressive yaksha, enjoying the rare moment she had with him.
"What are you saying?" Xiao snapped, hiding his face away from embarrassment.

How she caught such a rare moment.

She looked back, admiring the lights that emit from Inazuma City, shaking her head with a grin. The sound of quiet footsteps drew closer from behind, until they stopped. Xiao had also walked to the ledge and sat beside Y/n without making a sound, his hand only resting a few inches away from hers. And slowly but surely did she muster up the courage to slide her fingers between his, her heart racing the whole time with the heat quickly rushing to both of their faces. "Just like cherry blossoms" he repeated mumbling, inching his hand closer to hers.

-1,000 words-

A/U Note: idk, i thought this was cute
()*:・゚