"it's so hot," she whined.

"i know, just hold on, tay."

she squirmed around a bit. 

hayden groaned again, something black going into her IV.

"what's happening?" liam asked.

"i'm not sure," melissa whispered. "but it's definitely not good." she lifted tay's hair. "just like this isn't."

the back of tay's neck was glowing white.

tay furrowed her eyebrows, not being able to see it. "what? what is it?"

liam chewed on his lip. "the back of your neck is shining."

tay gaped. "wh... jesus fuck."

"christ," hayden muttered. she groaned. "my sister..."

melissa crouched down a bit. "scott's looking for her right now."

"what about theo?" tay questioned. 

"him too." melissa nodded.

tay exhaled, holding liam's hand and resting her cheek on his knuckles. 

melissa took a deep breath. "girls, he's going to bring them here as soon as he can, alright?"

tay nodded. "alright. liam."

"yeah?"

"if i die and theo doesn't get here, tell i'm not angry anymore."

he frowned, kissing her softly for a short moment. "you're not going to die."

"still."

"...ok."

then they noticed that hayden hadn't replied. she passed out again.

tay inhaled slowly. 

𖦹𖦹𖦹

"mason," tay breathed, raising her arms for a hug.

he quickly waved at her, doing what melissa told him to put the things first before hugging her. "haven't seen you in a while."

"it's been less than a day."

"still. you could've die, i get to say that."

tay chuckled, pulling away. "i love you."

"don't say that like you're saying goodbye," mason deadpanned. he turned to melissa. "shouldn't we be talking to one of the doctors?"

"i've been wrestling with that for hours," she informed. "do we bring them in and watch them treat them as normal patients, while we stand here knowing that's not going to work? or do we keep trying everything medically possible to save them, while their bodies do things that shouldn't be medically possible?"

tay yawned. "i'm tired again."

melissa sighed. "pretty sure that's a supernatural side effect. you've been getting tired, sleeping, then being energetic over and over again. all within hours of each other. and you're neck's not glowing anymore, so that's good."

tay exhaled.

mason's eyes widened. "what?"

"don't ask, we can't explain." melissa shook her head. 

"are they dying?" mason worried.

melissa hesitated. "yes. with the amount of mercury in hayden's body right now, she shouldn't even be alive. and silver was in tay before scott gave her some cure from deaton. but mercury is still in her system. it's just effecting her differently for some reason. she should probably be dead by now."