Penguins and Ships

Start from the beginning

Mara giggled at the boy's eagerness to go penguin sledding, she let go of the boy's hand before placing her hand on her hips, a huge grin on her face as she said.

"Okay listen closely my young pupil." She then placed her hands in front of her bowing to Aang as she went on. "Catching penguins is nn ancient and sacred art. Observe." 

Mara pulled out a fish and tossed it over to Aang, he caught it and a bunch of penguins began surrounding him, squeaking excitedly. Aang looked down at the fish in his hands in disgust before noticing the penguins all surrounding him, he smiled widely and began laughing before he was submerged in penguins. Mara couldn't help but laugh along with the boy, never having been so happy before in her life.

After Aang and Mara finally found penguins to ride on they began sliding down hills laughing happily, she looked over at Aang with happiness on her face as she yelled out to him.

"I haven't done this since I was a kid!"

"You still are a kid!" Aang yelled back with a smile of adoration in her direction.

They went through a tunnel, racing each other to finish before the other before coming to a stop after they exited the tunnel. Aang hopped off his penguin, quickly making his way over to Mara and her penguin and offering her hand. Mara smiled up at the boy's thoughtfulness and took his hand, he helped her off the penguin and they stood next to each other. 

"Thank you Aang that's very thoughtful of you." Mara thanked the boy, giving him a small kiss on the cheek.

Aang blushed darkly, his head darting to the ground as he dropped the girl's hand, hiding it behind his back and rubbing his bald head bashfully as he said.

"It's nothing."

Mara smiled at the boy, Aang saw out of the corner of his eye and his blush darkened even more. He quickly looked around and saw a ship encased with ice, he gasped in shock before grabbing Mara's hand and dragging her over to the ship.

"What is that?" Aang asked the girl as they both stared up at the ice encased ship.

"A fire navy ship and a very bad memory for my people." Mara answered the boy with a thoughtful expression on her face.

She felt the boy begin to pull her towards the ship but she pulled his arm back, making him turn and look at her as she said.

"Aang stop, we're not allowed to go near it. The ship could be booby-trapped"

Aang gave the girl a reassuring smile as told her.

"If you want to learn about bending, the first thing they learn is how to let go of their fear."

Mara glanced at the ground, then the ship and then back to Aang who stood staring at her with the same reassuring smile on his face. Taking a deep breath she nodded at the boy taking a few steps to stand next to him, she squeezed his hand nervously and he squeezed it back. They then began climbing up the ice shards, Aang turning to help Mara every once in a while before they made it into an opening. Walking down the hallways, Mara was looking around in fascination and horror. The two then found the weapons room, Mara looked at the well preserved weapons in wonder as she told the boy.

"This ship has been haunted by tribes since Gran Gran was a little girl. It was part of the Fire Nation's first attacks."

Aang looked on sadly at all the weapons, frowning as he continued to listen to Mara.

"Okay back up." He said as he began walking along the wall looking at all the weapons as he went on. "I have friends all over the world, even in the Fire Nation."