7. FOR EACH OTHER

Start from the beginning

Manik remained his usual recluse self, though Vatsal noted some interesting observation when he is around Nandini, which is mostly in the canteen as they had opposite tables.

Kritika struggled to balance family, friends and studies, while Noor formed a close bond with each of them. She had never been this close to anyone, hence, she unknowingly depended on them for most of the things.

They were now waiting in the canteen for Nandini to arrive and as usual she stormed into the canteen at hurricane speed, startling all of them for a minute.

Nandu, yaar.... you'll someday kill me with just the gush of wind that you bring with you. Vatsal complained and Nandini just showed him her tongue.

Nandu, is this the way to behave? What would happen if you fall somewhere and hurt yourself? Kriti asked sternly making Nandini pull a sorry face and hug her making her pat Nandini's shoulder with a smile.

Chill, guys.... I'm all good. She said stuffing herself with a sandwich as she continued Did you see the notice board? We are going to have our freshers.... like after eons.

Really?! She heard excited responses from Mansi and Noor and nodded with equal excitement.

Neeyan and Avni rolled their eyes at their excitement and had an eye lock which was noticed by Nandini who smirked at them. She also saw Manik who sat reading his book without any reaction.

'What is with this guy?' She thought as she looked at Manik who seemed pretty engrossed in reading.

I cannot come, Nayan, please understand yaar. Nandini heard Kritika speak, her voice having a hint of controlled frustration.

But, why? Aa na.... we'll have loads of fun. Nandini said with hands dancing in the air and eyes with a happy glint, unaware of a pair of eyes which were watching her each action.

Don't force me. Kritika said with finality and left taking her bag. Mansi and Noor looked at her sadly, while Nandini frowned at her behaviour.

Vatsal who observed the air getting heavier, tried to lighten it.

Freshers is fine, but don't expect us to come shopping with you guys. He said slowly diffusing the situation.

Of course... you would prefer wearing your shorts and stinking socks there too, isn't it? Nayan commented sarcastically making everyone laugh while Vatsal had his jaw dropped to the ground.

You didn't say that. Vatsal stood from his place, ready to pounce on her.

Guess what, genius? I did! With that sentence she started running with Vatsal following closely behind, and the people at the table continued laughing completely aware of the stares the rest of the canteen was giving them.

********************************

A week passed and the preparations for freshers was on full swing. Nandini actively participated in everything right from collecting names to assigning roles, giving decor ideas to selecting the music. And needless to say, her Butterflies were helping her, along with the senior trio. Her work had become much easier with Neeyan being the presiding student of the event, though their Tom and Jerry still continued.