Chapter 5

12 years old.

August.

They are 12 years old and Naruto is still noisy as hell and a bit annoying, but he has beautiful eyes and hair as bright as the sun and tanned skin and Sasuke has begun to pay more attention to him. Sasuke pays attention to everything Naruto says, and the things he says don't seem as much nonsense as before.

Naruto is his best friend. He goes every morning and has breakfast at home and then they go to class together and Sasuke likes that, even if he is not going to admit it out loud.

Naruto is an idiot most of the time, and he likes to steal his headphones (no, Sasuke, what's mine is yours, so I don't steal them) and download songs from One Republic and Imagine Dragons on his iPod (no, Sasuke, our iPod), because what kind of depressing songs you have here, Sasuke, don't you like to dance?

"I can't believe you like Justin Bieber," Sasuke tells him once, when he sees the name Never Say Never on his playlist.

Naruto frowns, gestures with his arms. "Teme, that song is my moto, have you heard the lyrics?"

Sasuke rolls his eyes, but he doesn't erase it. He doesn't erase any even if they don't match the tone of Radical Face and Of Monsters and Men, because it's Naruto, and Sasuke can tolerate whatever Naruto likes.

They are twelve years old and Naruto needs help in math and science almost all the time, but it is fun to teach him and Naruto is very smart when he proposes to it and he understands everything quickly.

They are twelve years old and Naruto still loves ramen with madness, although he never accepts coupons anymore.

("You have to get over it sometime, dobe."

"I'm not going to get over the fact that you almost died, bastard.")

They are twelve years old and Naruto likes Harry Potter a lot and the old martial arts movies and Jackie Chan and Ninja Turtles, because Naruto is like that. Naruto is childish and he likes magic and fights and adrenaline and Naruto cries and laughs and hugs Sasuke even when he knows that personal space exists, dobe.

Naruto sleeps at his home almost all the time and he invites Sasuke to lunch and enters through his window every time he wants. Naruto loves Itachi as much as his brother and his parents as much as his own. And Sasuke loves Kushina and Minato as much as he loves his own family too.

Naruto likes the color orange and see the positive side of things and sit in the yard of his house in summer and look for food-forms in the clouds. He likes to annoy Sasuke while he is reading and he likes to talk to Sasuke and about Sasuke all the time.

He is his best friend. He's the closest person to him he have, and Sasuke doesn't want anyone else. He would not choose anyone else.

———————————————————————————————

Sorry it's a short chapter...