“OH MY GOD! Really?” She squeals.

“Shut up.” I turn around and look out the back door to see if Zayn and Jake heard her, luckily they didn’t.

“Probably won’t happen, since neither of us know where we’re going to be working in a few months—he could be here and I could be in London.”

“You’re quitting your job?” she cocks her head to the side.

“Thinking about it.”

“Come here. Come live in LA, you can stay with us until you get your feet on the ground. We could hang out all the time and we can plan yours and Jake’s wedding—“ She continues to ramble, but I tune her out. I would love to be closer to her and Zayn, but I’m not sure LA is the place for me to work. I need time to think about what’s best for me and my career.

A hand rests on my shoulder pulling me out of my head. “Welcome back.” Zayn laughs, I push him away, causing him to laugh. Jake steps up next to me and places his hand casually on my bare back (I’m wearing a strapless white maxi dress). My heart skips a beat and my skin burns at his contact.

“Burgers and hot dogs are ready.” Zayn announces as if we could see the tray of food in front of him. Jake steps around me, his hand leaving my back, and I instantly miss his touch…that kind of freaks me out. I follow his steps as we make our way around the counter making our dinner plates.

After we eat dinner we all go for a swim and even have a little bonfire, before we head back inside to put a movie in. Even though Jake and I aren’t dating, it’s nice knowing he gets along with two of my best friends.

Jake and I sit next to each other on the love seat while Zayn and Perrie lie down together on the other couch. We are watching ‘Hunger Games: Mocking Jay- Part 1’!

“Have you read these books?” Jake asks me.

“No—you?” I ask.

“Same.” He smiles, and we go back to watching the movie.

“We don’t need to wake her, I will just text her in the morning.” I feel someone’s hand slide against my back, I shift and curl into the blanket.

“Can you carry her to bed? She will freak out if she wakes up down here in the middle of the night, she will be confused as hell.” I hear someone say, but I don’t open my eyes.

“Sure.” The next thing I know I feel a hand slide under my thighs and around my neck, I’m lifted up, and cradled against a firm chest.

“What’s going on?” I whisper.

“Ssh go back to sleep.” Jake whispers, I sigh and relax in his arms. I almost fall back asleep, but I wake back up when Jake places me gently on the bed.

“Do you want to change?” He asks.

“No.”

“Here get under the blankets.” Jake nudges me so I lift up my hips, he grabs the blanket and pulls it down past by feet, then places it on top of me.

“Thanks.” I grab onto the blanket.

“I’ll call you tomorrow.” Jake says.

“Do you have to go?” I whisper groggily.

“Y-yes.” He sounds weird.

“I don’t have on the appropriate clothes and shoes to wear for our hike tomorrow, so I have to go back to my hotel for those.”

“We go before hike.” I say, half asleep.

“I’ll pick you up at eleven.” He kisses my cheek.