XVI

-Y/N-

"So, what do you think is in there?" Lucy gripped the railing hard as we started off at the Dark Island that we were rapidly approaching.

"Our worst nightmares." Caspian replied.

"Our darkest wishes." Edmund added.

"Pure evil." I summarized.

"Tavros, unlock the armory." Peter ordered to a man behind him.

"My lord." Tavros bowed and left immediately.

We got closer.

"Archers, prepare yourselves." Drinian announced.

"Aye, Captain."

"Light the lanterns. Let's get ready." Everyone was tense.

Edmund was beside me as I looked ahead. But I felt someone else come and stand on my other side. I assumed it was Susan, or Lucy, but I was surprised to see Caspian.

"I just... wanted to apologize for my behavior towards you." He started. I could feel his gaze on me but I clenched my jaw and looked ahead. "I was greedy with your power. I didn't care to understand how you'd feel like. You're not a tool to use in combat, you're not a weapon I can wield. You're a person... one I can only hope to gain the trust, respect, and hopefully...." He put a hand over mine on the railing which forced me to look to him. "...the love of." He finished. "I'm sorry."

His words had hurt me, but I knew from the start Caspian was one of true intentions. Perhaps the mist had played with his head. I mean, I almost used a spell in which I made my husband and the people I hold close almost disappear. Besides, no one likes to hold a grudge when impending doom is ahead.

"I forgive you, Caspian." I smiled. He mirrored it, relief washing over him. He turned to leave when I gripped his hand once more. "And for the record, I have always trusted, respected, and even loved you." I assured him.

"And I you." He bowed slightly, leaving. I watched him walk off, a certain bounce to his step. I wondered how many days he had kept this apology as a burden in his heart.

"Let's not forget another person you love." Edmund's voice interrupted my thoughts. I turned to face him smugly.

"Ah yes, have you seen Lucy around?" I asked him.

He huffed crossing his arms and stepping back. "You know who I meant." He grumbled.

I pretended to be deep in thought and slightly confused at his words. "Do you mean Harry, he's not even around-"

But I was interrupted with his lips promptly on mine. I kissed back with passion, moving his lips with determined motion. With his hands, he grabbed my face, making the kiss deeper.

He broke apart and stared into my eyes. "That should give you a hint." He smirked.

"I think I need another kiss just to be sure." I replied.

He frowned but then leaned forward, peppering my face with little kisses. Between each kiss, he mumbled words. "King...Ed...mund...Pevensie...the...Just." With the last words he pulled me in for another long kiss.

"Oh, that Edmund. I guess I love him too." I shrugged.

"He loves you too." Edmund touched our foreheads together in silence. Nothing but the waves crashing against the ship.

"In case we don't get through whatever this is..." Edmund started but I interrupted him.

"We're going to get through this." I replied. He paused, then nodded.