IX

*Yeesh this chapter was LONG overdue*

-Edmund-

I slammed the door behind me, anger coursing through my veins. How could she say that? How could she talk about leaving me  before we even spent time together. All this time I spent giving her my emotions and my time, all for her to throw it away. I hated her.

It only hurts because you love her, a small voice inside me chided.

I ignored it and pushed it down. I needed some time to process this... maybe somehow find a way to prevent it. There had to be a way. I looked around, trying to find someplace where it was quiet and I could think.

The library.

I rushed off in that direction, storming through the halls. I finally came across the library. It had two heavy oak doors. I was about to open one when suddenly Susan burst through it.

"Su-" I said but she was already walking away, brushing away what seemed to be tears. The way she stomped off I could tell she was mad and upset. I was confused, so I decided to go inside to see what had made my sister rile up like that.

I entered to find a large empty library. Shelves of books towered all around. In the middle, there was a large desk, lit up by lamps. On one of the chairs, sat Caspian with his head in his hands. At first I was puzzled on what Caspian could've done to Susan. I became suddenly protective of her.

I walked over and I took a seat across from him. His head shot up, but then fell when he noticed it was me. "Oh, it's just you..." He sighed, settling back in his chair.

The look on his face wasn't one of anger... 

instead it was guilt... and remorse. It didn't seem like he had gotten mad or hurt Susan. In fact... he seemed as upset as she was. But why did he care? He didn't-

Oh.

It slowly dawned on me...

They seemed to have had the same conversation as Y/N and I did.

Except in this case, Y/N was acting like Caspian and I was Susan. I felt a pang in my chest when I realized Susan storming away was similar to how I did. And poor Caspian and Y/N had to face the other end of the blow of our anger. 

"Let me guess... you brought up the fact that she couldn't stay here forever?" I asked. Caspian nodded sadly.

"I was only telling her the facts... preparing her to face the future." Caspian defended, running a hand through his hair.

"Maybe to her it felt like you were just going to leave her. As if your love didn't matter enough." I voiced my own thoughts and projected them on Susan, just to see what Caspian would say. Maybe it would give me insight on how Y/N felt.

"My love is real, but it's not strong enough to change our destiny. She needs to accept that and make sure that every moment we spend from now on is special and important." Caspian muttered. "But maybe she's scared of the commitment maybe her love isn't as strong as mine."

"Hey... she only storms out like that on people she loves and cares about." I put a hand on his shoulder. "It's a Pevensie thing." I assured him.

"Thank you." He said gratefully.

"No, thank you." I started to stand up. "Now that I know what Y/N feels like... I owe her an apology." I started to walk towards the library door. "And if I'm right... then Susan should be coming back here soon to apologize too." I said before I left and closed the door behind me.