X

*Early update because I'm going to be busy for the next couple of days, and it's sort of an apology for being so late with the last chapter, so enjoy:)*

-1 Month Later-

I rested my head against the railing of the balcony. It was a crisp summer sky, the birds were twittering. A small breeze ruffled through my hair. I sighed.

"Y/N!" A sudden voice jolted me out of my thoughts. I flinched, turning my head towards the sound.

Susan stormed into the balcony. "Y/N!" She repeated. "Your wedding is in two hours and you're here dawdling!" She scolded.

She hooked my arm and led me back inside my room. My dress was hung on a mannequin. There was a dressing table with my makeup set out and prepared. All I had to do was endure through it.

Susan was already unlacing the back of my dress and pushing me behind the closet walls. I let myself get pushed by her.

My emotions were in turmoil. It wasn't that I didn't want to get married... it all seemed so early. I had barely known Edmund for more than a couple months.

Of course in Narnia, we were time bound. After our adventure was over, we'd be placed back in our own worlds. I couldn't bear to go back to Seattle now. After everything. After becoming a wife... and quite possibly....

A mother.

Could I return with the same mindset after living part of my adult life here in Narnia. I'd have to go back to doing normal things. Going to school instead of studying in the Palace Library. P.E. class instead of archery.

High school dances instead of Balls.

But I loved Edmund. It was the right choice to marry him. I kept telling myself that as I wore my wedding dress.

It had an off shoulder neckline. The whole thing was accented with Swarovski crystals. It flowed down to my feet in waves. The fabric was white and silver. It was gorgeous.

I sat down on a chair and looked in the mirror as Susan did my hair and makeup

I sat down on a chair and looked in the mirror as Susan did my hair and makeup. I couldn't help but stare at how... beautiful I looked.

Susan twisted my hair in a lower bun, leaving curls to frame my face. She applied light makeup to my face, leaving my dress to be the star of the occasion. For the finishing touch, she placed a veil on my head that outlined my silhouette.

"There..." Susan breathed as she finished. She knelt down and looked at me through the mirror, admiring her work. I noticed the glint of her own engagement ring.

Her and Caspian had married mere weeks after the Announcement. I imagined my left finger would bear a similar ring in a couple moments.

I stood up from the chair and took Susan's hand. She led me down to the courtyard where the wedding would be taking place.