XIII

*School just started for me, it's my senior year in high school, so I don't know how updates are gonna work, but I promise to keep writing this book, I won't leave y'all in an unfinished story<3 Besides, I have an amazing ending planned for this story, it's gonna leave you in tears*

-Y/N-

"Seems they've got a pig." A voice grumbled, shaking me out of my slumber. I imagined it was some of the crew talking amongst themselves. I couldn't quite understand the words I was hearing. 

"This one, it's female." The voice said again. I shifted my position, getting ready to sleep again.

"So is this one." The voice was closer now. I was hearing them talk but I wasn't really listening.

"This one also reads."

"So does this one."

I fell back asleep.

"But she seems too young."

"Let's take her instead."

I couldn't even comprehend what was happening as I was immediately ripped away from my bed. Something lifted me higher up until I was at least five feet off the ground.

I tried to scream but there seemed to be an invisible hand clamped around my mouth. I could do nothing as I was picked up and taken away from the crew. I saw myself getting farther and farther from everyone else.

The things holding me walked for at least half an hour, deeper into the island. They dropped me off on what seemed like another part of the island we were on. Instead of sand, there was grass and flat ground. I grunted as I fell to the floor.

"There is no escape." A voice rasped. I scrambled to my feet and looked around. I could hear the voices, but I couldn't see the creatures. Whoever they were, I could deduce that they were very tall.

"What are you?" I called out, looking around,

"We are invisible beasts." A voice responded.

"No shit Sherlock." I muttered underneath my breath.

"If you see us, you will be intimidated." The voice spoke up.

"Not to mention that we are very large." Another voice added.

"Well, what do you want?" I asked. I had to find my way back to everyone else. But there must have been a reason why they picked me out of everyone else. They could've easily taken Lucy or even Edmund.

"You." One sneered

"You'll do what we ask" Another voice piped.

"She will." Another agreed

"Very clear."

"Well put."

"Yeah." The chorus of agreement rang out and I realized there wasn't just a couple of these creatures around me, but at least ten to fifteen.

"Or what?" I stood bravely.

"Or death."

"Death. Death. Death." They all chanted.

My stomach plummeted as I thought how I could get out of this. I'd need to use something much sharper than a sword, much stronger than my powers.

My wit.

"Well, I wouldn't be much use to you dead, now would I?" I shrugged nonchalantly as if death didn't frighten me.

The voices quieted as the chanting stopped. "I hadn't thought of that." The main voice said.