Chapter 4: Past Decisions

Start from the beginning

"Magolor, the control panel works, but who is Landia, what is the Master Crown, and what are energy spheres?" Dejected, Magolor glanced at the control panel, then at floor. Sighing softly, he proceeded to then look up at Susie, his gaze meeting hers.

Magolor failed in keeping Susie away from his monstrous past, and now realized he had no other options: he had to tell her. Mentally preparing himself for the outcome of the truth, Magolor sighed heavily, then began to speak.

"Susie, let me explain everything. Years ago, I fought Landia in hopes of obtaining the limitless power of Master Crown, but lost. Despite my defeat, I managed to steal Landia's starcutter, the one we are standing in right now. Landia then attacked the Lor, causing it to crash and lose its main power source, energy spheres. That's when I met Kirby, King Dedede, Meta Knight, and Waddle Dee. Immediately after I crashed, they came to my aid, inspiring my foolish idea to take advantage of them and their kindness. First, I had them fix up my starcutter and obtain the energy spheres, which I knew I could never do myself. After the Lor was repaired, I had them beat Landia, which they did with ease. Then..." Magolor paused, unsure if he could continue speaking from the pain that these memories brought him. Composing himself, Magolor continued to speak, his vibrant yellow eyes beginning to tear up.

"...I betrayed them, snatching the Master Crown from Landia and announcing that I was going to take over the whole universe. Ultimately, Kirby and his friends defeated me and the Master Crown was demolished." Susie stared at Maglor in shock, seemingly unable to comprehend the words which he spoke.

"So, you were a... villain?"

"Y-yes, in the past I was a... a..." Magolor faltered, unable to bring himself to speak. He knew that as soon as he admitted to being a villain, Susie would abandon him, hating him for his past cruelty towards her friend Kirby. Reluctantly, a now saddened Magolor forced himself to say the word that he dreaded the most.

"...villain." As soon as he spoke the word, Magolor began to silently cry, tears dripping down his face. Due to what Kirby now referred to as "The Master Crown Incident," Magolor lost almost everything. His past villainy robbed him of his own reputation, no longer being able to talk to anyone without causing them to scream in fear. Until he met Susie, Magolor didn't have a single friend, and now, he knew that he would very soon have none.

Dark thoughts drifted through his mind as he looked up at the only thing that had brought him happiness in years: Susie. To Magolor's complete and utter shock, Susie slowly walked up to him, embracing Magolor and wiping away his tears.

"It must be a burden on you, being a former villain... I understand, since I was once a villain too."

"Really?" asked Magolor, unable to believe that someone like Susie was a former villain.

"Yeah..." stated Susie, now pulling away from the hug. "My father's company, Haltmann Works Corporation, invaded Planet Popstar, and when Kirby tried to stop our invasion, I attempted to destroy him. Determined to get rid of Kirby, I created various robots to defeat him, but none of the robots were able to do so. I even fought Kirby myself, but he also defeated me. Ultimately, I ended up joining Kirby's side, but everyone, including Kirby and his friends, continues treating me like I'm still a villain... it's honestly really frustrating."

"Is that why you are living here instead of one of Kirby's friend's houses?" asked Magolor, wiping tears from his face.

"I never thought about it like that, but maybe you're right," lamented Susie, now looking directly at Magolor. "I guess Kirby and his friends aren't very good at forgiving former villains..."

"They aren't," said Magolor, somewhat relieved that Susie had a similar experience. Yet, despite their similar experiences, Magolor still, deep down, felt uneasy. He felt that at any moment, Susie would leave him forever, unable to forgive him for his past villainy. As more dark thoughts clouded his mind, an unexpected question escaped his mouth.