Lone Wolf Chapter 1

My hand grasp the broken stick in my hand as my chemistry teacher gasp at the sight. Her broken ruler is in my tight grip. I stare down at the ruler with disbelief.

I must have fallen asleep again. I open my palm as the peices of the ruler depart from my sweaty palm. My breathe quickens as my heart races against my chest, thudding each and every second.

What the hell happen? I ask myself.

"Ms. Greene!" My teacher, Mrs. Newsone, screeches through her whitish-yellow teeth. Her jaw is clench, and her glasses are on the bridge of her nose.

She sends me a death glare through her dark brown eyes. Her stare is intense, but my eyes don't faulter from her gaze once. I feel my lips raise into an innocent smile.

"Yes Mrs. Newsone?" I ask innocently as I bat my long, thick eyelashes.

I peak up at her through my black eyelashes. Her glare is still icy sending shivers through my spine, but I ignore it and keep my innocent smile plastered to my face.

"You fall asleep in my class for the second time in my class the week and now you've broken my ruler!" She speaks in a harsh tone. "You get detention."

I sigh as I spin back forward in my stool. "Okay, Mrs. Newsone. I'm very sorry." I mumble my apology.

The old bat really didn't deserve an apology. She is alway boring students to death, and failing the best student for no reason. Honestly I think she's has hated kids since her own kids left her in this sorry ass town. I really did feel for her sometimes.

Welcome to Oak High. Here students don't give a little shit about each other unless you've been here all your life. They're not very welcoming to new comers.

I cross my arms over the old wooden table. I swear if this period isn't over soon I would die. I couldn't survive this death trap dragging me to hell!

I fidget in my seat as Mrs. Newsone goes on with her lesson over whatever chapter we were on. I close my eyes till the jult open at since of movemoment out of the corner of my eye.

I turn to see Liz holding a note. She hold it towards me. Snatching, it quickly before Mrs. Newsone can see I open it.

'Kat, you were asleep and everyone was watching as you were asleep. And I'm talking abt a fucking deep sleep!'

I take note of the word 'deep' in bold shading then the other words. My eyes return to where I had left off.

'Out of now where your arm shot up and shattered the ruler! I swear it was freaking abnormal!'

I fold the note back up and slide into my back pocket of the faded jeans that are sticking to my legs.

I swear she points out everything abnormal about what I do, but sometimes I couldn't blame her. Some of the thing I could do were strange. I mean like wierd. My reflexes were incredibly fast, and I could run faster then most other could.

The ringing of the bell instantly snaps me out of the place I rarely like to venture to. I stand off the squeaky stool, pulling the strap of my bag onto my shoulder.

Waiting for Liz to gather her things I stare at the ground. I look up to see Mrs. Newsones gaze on me. I felt a pinch of guilt in my lower stomach.

"I really am sorry I startled you Mrs. Newsone. With all do respect I'll buy you a better ruler." I say with a simple grin.

She nods. "I won't give detention Kat. Just please no more sleeping." She says.

I nod. "Thank you." I murmur before Liz shoves me out the door.

*

*

Stare at Liz as she eats her sandwhich. You know how when it seems like your staring at someone, but your actually staring beyond them deep in thought. Well she just interrupted mine...

"Look," Liz begans in her joking manner. "I know I'm beautiful and all..." She says flipping her firey red hair out of her face.

Tuning her soft voice out, her going on about his beautiful she is, but she shouldn't be watched 24/7. I just nod as I get lost again in that other world where I'm actually something more.

I smell an unfamiliar scent coming from the woods near our school. My gaze shifts out towards the woods as I hear a snapping of a twig.

"Kat!" Liz squeals.

I am on my feet, standing on the bench outside. I let out a growl that rolls off my pink lips. I step down, hoping no one else saw.

Get a hold of yourself! I scream at myself.

I shake my head as I burry my face in the palm of my hands. Why couldn't I just shut the world out?

No one knew how much it took for me to act normal. To try be normal, but it's hard being something your not when your filled with other whom know nothing of themselves or what they're to be.

"I'm head to class." I tell Liz as I leave before she can interject.

You can make it through the day. I tell myself as I slump.

I walk into the schools side door into the empty halls. I walk pass the lockers as I head to mine. Next period is gym so I hope we would play dodge ball.

Shoving everything into my locker I head to the gym. I had change out of my clothes and into baggy sweats and a Nikey sweatshirt that's to big.

I pull my hair back into a high ponytail letting small peices of my hair escape so it can frame my face like the perfect picture.

I walk into the gym as I see the Coach pulling out the dodge balls. I am practically leaping with joy when Liz walks in.

She laughs, knowing how much fun we would have destroying the other team. She and I together are unbeatable.

"Greene and Hastings your captain." The Coach hollers as he scatters balls over the gun floor.

I step forward as I look to Alley, whom I hated with every single bone in my body. She is a back stabbing bitch.

"I get first choice." I mumble before she can get out a word. "Liz." I say.

Alley smirks as if she knew I would lose. "I choose Hunter."

By the time we each were on different sides of the court the tardy bell had ring. It didn't take long choosing and the coach blows the whistle.

I sprint forward for one of the red balls. Being the fastes I grab three. Chunking one to Hayden and Liz I back away from the line with mine.

Others don't dare move forwards for the balls that are left on the line. Alley has a ball in her hands and her cold grey eyes meet mine.

She chucks the ball in my direction and I catch the ball with one hand. It is simply to easy her throw is weak.

I look at Liz and nod. We both aim at Alley. We pull are arms back and release the balls at the same time, sending the dodge ball forwards.

The ball I released hits her in her left cheek leaving the darkest red mark with the pattern of the texture off the ball. Liz hits her in the stomach, and Alley let's out a cry for help.

I stumble back as I mean to step back. I hadn't meant to hit her that hard. I look at Liz who is staring.

The Coaches whistled catches my attention. Our gazes snap towards his as he calls game over.

All the students either surround Alley or leave. Liz and I choose to bolt. We goes to our lockers.

Great way to end my Friday.

"Hey I'll pick you up before 5:00." Liz shouts as I walk down the hall.

I give a thumbs up and leave the schools building. We were going camping all weekend, and I was excited.