Schlattbur Hanahaki

T/W
This oneshot contains blood, unrequited love, mentions of surgery and major character death

Schlatt sat on his couch, a random cartoon playing in front of him that he wasn't actually paying attention to. Suddenly, the Americans phone buzzed. It was a text, from Wilbur Soot, who was in America for some 4/4 Sleepy Bois meet-up. The text read:

Hey Schlatt! I was wondering
if we could meet up cause I'm
in the US of A rn
-Wilby

Text me when's a good time
for u :)))
-Wilbur

Schlatt's cheeks burned, his lungs felt scratchy and heated, he began feeling a strange itching at the back of his throat. The caramel haired man stood up suddenly, his legs wobbled and he rushed to the bathroom. Once there, he fell to his knees quickly and threw up. Schlatt sighed as he stared at the bloodied toilet bowl, in the centre was a full yellow pansy, stem and all. This had been happening for about a month now. He'd not been able to upload, go out with his friends, or do anything for that matter. Everything somehow reminded the American of him. Wilbur fucking Soot.

Even thinking about him made Schlatt's throat tickle slightly. The first time this had happened, the two were on facetime. The younger had done something particularly funny and Wilbur had laughed. Schlatt stared, mesmerised by his friends unbelievable beauty. The Americans face turned a deep red and he suddenly lost all power of speech. Then it all happened. A tickling at the back of the throat, the feeling of lungs closing in, Schlatt coughed heavily, covering his mouth and holding his stomach, leaning over barely able to breath. He choked between coughs "I-I'll b-be right back". Schlatt puked up only blood. They ended the call quickly after that, Schlatt saying he didn't feel well and Wilbur asking him to call him again when he felt better.

Schlatt continued to puke up blood for about another half hour, then a single petal was among the crimson fluid. "W-what the fuck?" The American mumbled. A beautiful bright yellow petal stuck out like a eagle among pigeons. Over the course of a month, that slowly developed into multiple petals, then into full flowers. He had hanahaki. He'd told Ted, Charlie, Connor but no one else.

Schlatt couldn't just say no cause Wilbur would know something was up, the two had been dreaming of meeting for many years, if he turned it down he could see the brit just marching to his house and getting him. So the American got dressed and texted Wilbur back.

Hey Wilbur that sounds good
how about tomorrow? Maybe
between 12:30 and 1:00?
-Schlatt

Yeah sure 12:30 sounds
great :))
-Wilby

Wilbur texted back almost immediately. Schlatt sighed with a smile. Then he panicked, he was going to see Wilbur, and he might get outed, he might say something wrong. The American hadn't talked to anyone is a while, what is he was rusty or something? Rusty at human interaction! Schlatt continued to panic, he fell asleep on his couch that night watching a show about a horse who had an identity crisis every god damn episode.

~TIME SKIP TO THE NEXT DAY~

12:25am
Schlatt left his house, awake and dressed but still panicking. He made his way to where Wilbur suggested they meet, sitting down on a swing set near it. Suddenly there was a thump from the swing beside him. "Schlatt! Hi!" Beamed a happy British accent to his right. Wilbur had arrived. "H-hey Wilbur!" Schlatt chuckled happily. "It's great to finally see you, well I know I've seen you before but it's pretty good to see you-" "Jesus fucking christ you dork, I get it, it's nice to see you to" Schlatt smiled at the taller's embarrassed stuttering. "Hey you wanna go up to that hill? The view looks pretty good" Wilbur said pointing to a large incline in the distance, it wasn't too far away but it'd take at least 15 minutes to get there. "Uhhh..." the American thought for a second "I-uh, sure, the view does look good, I'll agree with you on that". The two stood up from the swings and began walking down the many streets, Schlatt occasionally sneaking glances at the brit, every time they made accidentally eye contact, the shorter could almost feel the petals tickling his throat.

Once at the top of the hill, Wilbur looked around for a place to sit and Schlatt stood bent over, attempting to catch his breath. "Well theres no bench, so we can just sit on the grass, if you want" The brit said nervously scratching the back of his head. "Yeah sounds good to me" the younger replied. Wilbur laid his jacket down on the ground and sat on his spread out hood, patting the part of his coat he wasn't sitting on, the small space made Schlatt's heart leap as soon as he sat down.

Stupidly, the shorter decided to look to his right, where Wilbur sat, the extremely slowly setting sun hitting his face just right, making his eyes shine and highlighting the hair that poked out of his beanie and fell perfectly onto face. The younger felt it coming up and began to panic. "No please not here please no don't fucking do this Schlatt-" he thought as he turned away and threw his hand against his mouth. The shorter coughed, and gagged, throwing up blood on the grass and soon petals followed.

A gasp was heard from behind him, Wilbur had seen him. "H-HOLY SHIT! SCHLATT ARE YOU OK?" He yelled placing his hand on Schlatt's shoulder. A full flower escaped the Americans lungs. Blood spilled from his nose and mouth as all air was taken from him. Schlatt's vision blurred and he fell onto the clean grass, loosing consciousness.

The American awoke a few hours later in a hospital, a doctor standing beside him. Her name tag read
"Dr E.Schuyler".
"Oh hello mr Schlatt, so glad to see your finally awake!" The woman said in a cheery tone, he put down the clipboard she was holding. "As you may or may not know, you have the disease known as hanahaki" the doctor said more seriously "this can be cured by the person, or people you are in love with reciprocating these feelings, or you can get surgery to have the flowers in your lungs taken out, but be aware that this will cause you to have no romantic feeling towards the person, or people you were previously in love with". The woman took a piece of paper from the clipboard, and handed it to the patient. "This paper shows how we do the surgery and walks you through it, if that's something your interested in. We'll give you two hours to make your decision, you are allowed visitors during this time" the doctor began to leave then stopped at the door "get better soon!" Her cheery tone returning as he exited.

Chatter was heard from outside, then fast, thumping footsteps. Wilbur's head popped past the doorframe, his eyes filling with tears as soon as he saw Schlatt awake. He ran and wrapped his arms around the American. Schlatt's face flushed and he could once again feel the flowers. The shorter coughed and Wilbur immediately pulled away "OH MY GOD IM SO SORRY!-" "n-nah I'm fine, I'm f-fine" Schlatt said between coughs, slowly calming himself down. The room filled with an uncomfortable silence before Wilbur sat at the end of the hospital bed. "Sooo...those flowers...they were yellow peonies...t-those are my favourite flowers" the brit said in a hushed tone. The others face flushed once more "uhhhh...y-yeah t-they were...". Wilbur stared at the floor before his face turned into an upset and regretful stare. "Schlatt, there's something you should know..." the American sat up in suspense. "I also had hanahaki...I was coughing up blue larkspur's" Wilbur said sadly. The shorter's heart boomed out of his chest, larkspurs were his favourite flowers. "But..." Wilbur continued.

"I got the surgery"

The Americans heart sank, tears filled his eyes and he buried his head in his hands, attempting to wipe his quickly falling tears with his palms. "Schlatt I'm-" "could you please just go for a bit? I want to be alone right now" the American choked between sobs. "Schlatt pleas-" "NO WILBUR PLEASE JUST GO".

The brit got up and left. As soon as he did, Schlatt began coughing, and gagging. Flowers spilled out of his mouth, about three dead peonies lay on the hospital bed, blood surrounding them, lots of blood, crimson stained the baby blue sheets. He couldn't breath, and he didn't care. The American didn't call for a nurse or doctor, he just suffered in silence. His heart was broken. Quickly, Schlatt's mind started to fuzz and he continued to vomit blood and dead flowers. Then his head fell back, his last breath shakily escaped his throat, and everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
hello it's Eddie :))
Sorry that was kinda sad I'm very sad at the moment plz pity me now

Anygay hope u enjoyed, remember to eat, drink something probably, and don't sleep because sleep is propaganda created by the government so they can make that really cute boy in ur class give u a gay panic attack by getting too close to ur face and u act like an idiot in front of your whole class-