Life

Playful laughter drifted into the Nursery as Blizzard, a young queen of Brightclan nudged her little kit. "Ugh," she sighed, "If he doesn't open his eyes now, I can't name him! Stupid clan tradition..." She mumbled and thought to herself, his littermates, Swift and Brick, are already playing outside in the sun! She sat down with a humph and curled up around him.

The little white kit slowly blinked open his eyes. He twisted around, smelling his mother's warm milk. Weak sunlight penetrated the tiny gaps of the plastic roof. Curious with his surroundings, he stood up, trembling. and scanned his surroundings. He was in this small , warm and dimly lit space, which had a sense of coziness to it. He attempted to walk a few steps on trembling paws, but he only succedded to trip over his mothers short-furred tail.

The kit heard a rumbling purr of amusement behind him."I see you've attempted to walk." A warm, familiar voice said.

The kit looked up. Above him, there seemed to be a figure who blocked out all the light, and seemed to tower over everything. It was a beautiful white she- cat with short, sleek fur, and gentle twinkling amber eyes. She smelled of a sweet and comforting motherly scent. She smiled. "Follow me, little one, to meet your family!" She walked to the exit filled with light, while the kit stumbled after her.

The kit slowly turned around, taking it all in. "Welcome to Brightclan." His mother said. "Big, isn't it? We have a lot of cats, ever since the great blaze of clans. Now our clan is thriving!" The kit barely understood this, but the she-cat just acts like he can but doesn't care.

A couple leaps away, Swift and Brick were tussling on the ground. "Swift, Brick! Come and meet your new brother!" Blizzard called. Swift immediately stopped pinning Brick down and scampered over to Blizzard, with Brick on his heels. Swift peered closer to the new kit, and asked, "Blizzard, why does our new brother only have one eye?"

Blizzard flicked her long tail over Swift's mouth. "Hush, don't tell him. Even though he doesn't have a Lifename yet, silly." She turned to the kit. "Little one, you may not fully understand me yet, until you get your Lifename, when you unlock the full power of speech. I'm Blizzard, your mother, if you can remember."

"Come on, let's go see Ice, the ancient leader of this clan. She'll conduct your Life Ceremony." Blizzard trotted away, occasionally looking back to see if the little kit is following. So far, he was doing well.

//AAaaaaahhhhh why did this take me so long to write anyway? See? It's not really that based on Warriors. And sorry that each chapter is so short ;0;

In this chapter, you get to meet some of the characters, which will be described more later.