Chapter Five - Of Perverts and Swordsmiths

Começar do início

"Of course!" I replied, my body going slightly rigid at the vague threatening tone under Kōrai-san's words, "Have a nice trip back, Kōrai-san."

Kōrai nodded, turned, and walked off, the faint sound of the glass trinkets on his hat fading away into the distance, and his next words were nearly lost to the wind, but I caught it just barely, "Good luck as a Demon Slayer, Agatsuma twins."

I turned back into the house, Kōrai-san's cryptic words echoing in my head. I headed back into the living room, carrying the packages with me.

"Who was that?" Ōnisama asked from his place on the cushion in the living room.

"That was Kōrai-san, our swordsmith." I answered taking the packages and placing them in between us as I sat across from him, "He came to deliver us our katana and uniform."

I passed Ōnisama his uniform and katana, all of which were marked with his name. I carefully unwrapped my uniform and katana, examining the katana first.

The hilt was a four-petaled lily and the grip had white diamond accents. The color of the grip faded between orange and yellow, and the sheath matched. It was incredibly beautiful, the workmanship.

I gently unsheathed my katana, the Nichirin ore still a dull grey color. As I lifted it, the color slowly changed, switching from the previous dull grey color to bright orange. The blade itself was engraved with "Destroy Demons" on one side and "Strike Fast" on the other.

Next, I unpackaged my uniform, gently placing my katana back into its sheath and setting it on the ground.

While we were getting measured for our uniforms back at the Final Selection, we were given the option to customize our uniforms. I decided to switch the hakama pants with a knee-length skirt instead, as I thought they were too baggy.

"I'm going to put this on," I said, folding the uniform over itself a few times, "I'll be right back."

I fully unpacked the uniform and changed. Everything fitted perfectly so far, I thought, wrapping the white belt around my waist. As I slid the gakuran jacket on, I noticed it was too short to tuck into the belt.

Sighing, I buttoned the jacket, and while I was initially very nervous about the too-short gakuran jacket, I was relieved to find that it fit fine, just showing my stomach, which didn't bother me much.

I shrugged, and quickly folded the clothes I was dressed in earlier and placed them on my bed before heading back out to the living area.

Ōnisama had changed into his own uniform and his katana was firmly placed in his belt.

"You're uniform suits you, Ōnisama," I remarked, taking my own katana and sliding it into my belt.

"Aw~ Thanks Ka-chan," he cried, "You're too kind!"

He launched himself towards me and seemingly froze in midair.

"Ka-chan..." he whispered, voice low as he dropped to his feet, "What sort of pervert gave you this uniform?"

"Ah, Ōnisama," I said, "The Kakushi that gave it to me, but it's fine! The uniform fits-"

"How dare this perverted Kakushi give my little sister this revealing uniform?" His voice still incredibly low and intimidating, "Do they want some perverted old men... to look at my younger sister..."

"Ōnisama..." I started slowly, "please don't."

It took quite some time to calm Ōnisama down, and he only fully calmed down once Oji-san returned from his errands.

Later that night, I received some surprising news.

"Oh, hello Komori-san," I said as I felt a ruffle settle on top of my head, "Is something the matter?"

"Caw, caw!" Komori-san crowed, "Agatsuma Karin! Head to Harajuku District of Shibuya, Tokyo! This will be your first mission as a Demon Slayer!"

My jaw nearly dropped.

Now!? So soon after receiving my uniform and katana!?!

"There, you will meet up with Wind Hashira, Shinazugawa Sanemi to investigate the cases of missing workers and young girls in Harajuku! All taken in the dead of Night!"

Taisho Era Secrets

Zenitsu constantly pesters Karin to get her uniform fixed, but she doesn't want to bother or offend the Kakushi that gave it to her.

Author's Notes

Well, two updates in a week and then a month wait. Gotta love my consistency am I right?

I'll try to update this at least once every two weeks, but no promises.

Jā matane!

Rin