My Saviour - Part 1

The forest whizzed past as I raced through the trees. The bright moon illuminated the path ahead of me. My wolf howled happily as it caught the scent of a small deer close by. We slowed our pace as we neared the unsuspecting creature.

Suddenly, the wind shifted and the deer caught my scent. It bolted and just as I was about to give chase I caught another scent. It was intoxicating, it was a mixture of flowers, blood and sugar. My brother, the alpha, came up beside me and nodded, he had caught the scent too.

We slowly edged closer following the scent. As we neared a river we noticed someone laid at the water's bank. The strange scent was coming from this person. From what we could see it was an unconscious male.

His scent was strange. I could smell his wolf so I knew he was a shifter but he looked too small and skinny for an average shifter. There was also another scent, it was faint but it reminded me of when my brother's mate was pregnant.

We edged closer still and he stirred slightly. Halting in our tracks, we watched the obviously weak man move feebly. On his hands and knees, he crawled forward. He had yet to acknowledge us.

Once free of the water he collapsed onto his back and the unusual scent suddenly made sense. He was pregnant.

'He must be a male omega,' my brother said through our mind link.

'He looks like he's been attacked. Who would attack someone who is clearly pregnant?' I responded back as I continued to move forward.

I watched him bring a hand over his stomach tenderly. So transfixed by the sight I didn't notice the small group of twigs in my path until my paw stepped on them. The loud snap echoed in the silence and we all froze.

When the man shot up the wind also changed. I caught his scent again at the very moment our eyes met. There was the sugar and flowers scent from before as well as something else. Something that reminded me of the oak trees near the packhouse. His hazel eyes widened as they stared at me.

It took me longer than I care to admit to notice the look of fear in his eyes. He quickly broke our trance and started moving backwards. Due to his enlarged stomach and weakened body he didn't get far.

Quickly, I shifted back to my human form and knelt low. I raised my hands to show I wasn't going to hurt him.

"Easy there little wolf, we won't hurt you," I told him softly.

He paused for a moment, eyeing us warily. I heard my brother shift behind me and felt him move next to me. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't take my eyes away from him.

"You are safe with us, no one will harm you. I'm Evan. I'm the alpha of the Dark moon pack. This is my brother Aiden," he introduced us.

When Evan said my name the stranger's eyes flitted back to me. There was that strong magnetism that overtook me again. I wanted to comfort him and I didn't know why.

"What's your name?" Evan asked after the silence stretched around us.

"Cameron, I'm called Cameron," he said weakly.

"Can I come over to you Cameron?" I asked eager to get close.

Cameron didn't have time to accept or object, as he soon passed out. We both rushed to his side and I gently picked him up. Despite being pregnant he weighed next to nothing. I was instantly worried.

We walked back to the packhouse and into one of the spare rooms. I had wanted to take him to my room but had decided against it. He is probably gonna freak out when he wakes up anyway, no need to make it worse by saying he is in my room.

We stepped back so Hannah, my brother's mate and our pack Luna could look him over. Whilst we waited, Ben, my five-year-old nephew, came in and immediately started to climb me. He was going through a phase where he thought I was a tree.

"Uncy Aiden, who's that?" he asked and I chuckled.

"He is a stranger and someone in need of help," his father answered for me as he took Ben from me.

Eventually, Hannah left Cameron and came up to us. She had a worried look on her face and I was immediately on edge.

"It looks like he has been tortured for a number of years," she said as she absentmindedly touched a scar visible on her lower arm.

When we had come to this pack seven years ago, she was being tortured by her parents, the alpha and luna at the time. They would find an excuse to punish her. When Evan had first looked in her eyes he knew she was the one for him, so we challenged the alpha and won. He, along with his mate, was banished.

We found that no one objected to us taking over, as they hated their former leader. His daughter hadn't been the only one the alpha and luna had unleashed their wrath on, but she had borne the brunt of it.

Evan pulled Hannah into his arms and kissed her neck. Ben also wrapped his arms around his mother to comfort her. A pang of envy stabbed at me as I watched them.

A groan from the bed broke the small family moment. I walked to his side and placed a hand on his arm. He instantly calmed.

"What else Hannah?" I asked.

I know they could hear the strain in my voice. Hannah placed a hand on my shoulders forcing my attention back to her.

"Have you found your mate Aiden?" she asked with a small smile.

I smiled back before looking back down at Cameron's sleeping form.

"I think I have but I'm not sure, it didn't feel like it did when Evan looked at you," I said

Through our mind link I have seen and felt what he did when their eyes met. It was intense, electric and powerful. Although I felt a powerful pull towards him when we first locked eyes, that was it.

"Aiden," Hannah sighed. "Not all meetings are the same, some are intense and some are subtle but they all mean the same. If you feel the pull and want to love and protect that person then they are your mate. It was probably different from when we met because he will be more cautious and scared. He has probably been tortured a lot longer than I had or by lots of different people," she explained.

"Is he and his child going to be ok?" I asked weakly.

Hannah smiled and nodded. A great wave of relief washed over me.

"He is very weak but as long as he rests and eats well they should both be fine. I am not sure how he will give birth but hopefully, we can talk with him about it when he wakes up," she said.

Will he wake?