35.0 ✿ the date

Start from the beginning

She was in the middle of a long debate with her mirror reflection when a message pinged on her phone screen. Reading Aditya in the sender's identity,

—Hey, Zoya! Can't wait to see you today, for our day out. Or shall I say 'date'?

She quickly unlocked the phone to reveal the entire message, the smile on her face widening on its own as another one popped up. He might have seen the 'read' tick.

I guess I might seem to be a weirdo texting my date at seven in the morning, sounding all the way more desperate.

She giggled like a child as she bit her lower lip. Certainly not the only one.

Another one as the phone chimed,

—Anyways, though I feel flattered to know you would dress up for me *dreamy eyes* don't stress out on how to dress up good. No matter how, I would be looking at the beautiful woman with me only.

Face painted in a dark red shade as she reread those words he had typed in the last text, she took a deep breath and walked to the mirror to check on herself. No need for some blush to make her cheeks pinkish.

She looked back at the screen when it went off again, the long grey bubble disappeared. 'Message deleted', leaving space for another one.

See you soon!

He slowed down his motorbike as he reached the residential street and parked by the roadside, turning the engine off, before he looked up at the modern houses lined in a row along the long street. It was still quiet at eight in the morning, joggers coming back from their morning run while some people were already on their way to their workplace. A few elder men delved into random topics to talk while taking a stroll around their place, mostly filled with laughter as they greeted their neighbors.

Getting down from his two-wheeler, he quickly set his hair correctly looking at the side mirror, and satisfied, he stood straight to check any unwanted crease on his dark red sweater.

Alright, deep breath. Be cool, not nervous.

Yeah, cool. Stop beating this much fast, you little pumping organ.

Ignoring the negative thoughts, he fixed his leather jacket and walked to the small steps to ring the bell, excitement filled with nervousness wetting his palms.

"Come on, Adi! Don't be so confused, you would ruin the day for the both of you otherwise.", he mumbled to himself encouragingly and waited for someone to attend the door but no one seemed to answer. He again tried to call for someone but to no avail.

Strange. She saw the messages the moment he had sent to her, which meant more than an hour ago. Maybe she did not hear, or was busy with someone. Thinking the same, he discreetly kept his ear by the door ; no sound was heard. When someone cleared their throat, as he quickly turned back to fall on a fair lady in her sixties, followed by a man seemingly of the same age.

"Who are you, young man? Are you here to rob us, uh?", the old man held up his walking stick ready to beat the young guy when his wife stopped him. "Darling, don't!"

"I... I am sorry, s—sir... I was... I was looking for someone... someone else.", Aditya quickly blurted out as the couple looked at him, the lady less suspiciously than her husband. "I... I think... I rang at the wrong address."

The sweet woman smiled at the scared little one and walked to him. "I guess, the one you are looking for is staying at number twenty-three, just on the opposite side there.", pointing the house facing theirs. "If we both are talking about Zoya, of course.", said she teasingly, making him blush.