𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐒 𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐄

╔⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╗

"𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘤𝘶𝘵𝘦."

╚⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╝

[ɪ ᴡʀᴏᴛᴇ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴀ ʟᴏɴɢ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴀɢᴏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ꜰɪɴɪꜱʜᴇᴅ ᴛʜɪꜱ ʙᴏᴏᴋ, ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʜᴀᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴛɪᴠᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ꜰɪɴɪꜱʜ ɪᴛ ꜱᴏ ʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏ]

"...Are these things always so awkward?"

"First dates? I think they're supposed to be, but I've never gone on one before unless you count the firework festival thing," Y/n giggled.

We were sitting in a cafe, where she decided to go for our first official date as a couple. It still felt so unreal that she loved me, but it was nice.

"Sorry. I'm not good at conversation," I sighed.

"Don't worry, I know," she smiled. "And I think your lack of social skills is cute!"

"Cute...? Why?"

"It just is!"

"If you say so," I mumbled, glancing around the building. It was tidy.

The silence was growing unbearable. I returned my gaze back to Y/n and realized she was staring at me. I raised my eyebrow at her, wondering why she seemed to be observing me so closely.

"S-Sorry," she stammered, fiddling with the necklace I got her. I never saw her without it. "You just look... pretty."

"Pretty?"

"Y-Yeah! I'm such a mess, sorry... I'm not really sure what to say, I'm just glad you're here," she smiled weakly.

"Don't apologize," I shook my head. "I should be conversating more... What do people normally talk about in situations like this?"

"Uh... They get to know each other, I guess?"

"But I already know you."

"Yeah, I think that's why it's so awkward. Weird how that works, huh?"

"Yeah."

After a minute of silence, she spoke up. "I could just spend the rest of the time complimenting you."

"W-Why would you do that?" I stuttered.

"Because you deserve to know how amazing you are!"

"I'm not that amazing."

"That kind of attitude is exactly why I need to compliment you more."

...

"I have a question, though," she said.

"What is it?"

"Did you really think I knew you were my soulmate? Like I'd know and wouldn't say anything?" She questioned.

"Yes."

She sighed. "I wish you'd think more highly of yourself. I've liked you for a long time, Xiao."

"...How long?"

"U-Uhm... Ever since we talked properly for the first time..." She mumbled.

"...Wow."

"Sorry, that's creepy, isn't it?" She cried and slammed her head down onto the table, attracting the attention of nearby customers.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" I asked, trying to lift her head up.

"Physically, yes. Mentally, no."

I got her head up off the table and she looked off to the side, avoiding my gaze.

"What's wrong?" I queried.

"I keep embarrassing myself!" She held her hands over her face. "I'm so sorry."

"You didn't say anything embarrassing, though."

She hesitantly lowered her hands. "I just admitted to liking you since our first official meeting!"

"That's not embarrassing..."

"...It's not?"

"It's cute."

Her face exploded into a billion shades of red. She zoned out so I poked her cheek in an attempt to bring her back to reality.

"U-Uh. Sorry, again. I don't- I don't know what to say," she stammered, struggling to get the words out.

I smiled. "It's fine. You're adorable."

"Okay, now you're just teasing me."

"That doesn't mean it's not true."

"S-Stop it, I can't think straight now!"

"I should tease you more in the future."

"Please don't-"