𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

╔⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╝❀╚⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╗

"𝘔𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴."

╚⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╗❀╔⏤⏤⏤⏤⏤╝

'I gave Y/n a necklace she wanted

'I gave Y/n a necklace she wanted. She seemed surprised and flustered when I presented it to her, but I think she liked it. I hope she did. The expression on her face when she realized what it was'

I didn't get a chance to finish the sentence I was writing in my notebook, but once I tore my sight away from the page, I could suddenly feel the overwhelming fatigue catching up to me. My distraction from writing was my phone buzzing, the vibrations being sent across my desk. Y/n was calling. 

Why is she calling in the middle of the night? It's 4 am, did something happen to her? Is she in danger?

I picked up immediately, failing to hide the distress in my voice, "Hello!?"

"Xiao...? Sorry for calling so late..."

"Are you safe!?"

She forced a laugh so painfully that I couldn't bear hearing it, "Xiao, I'm fine. Sorry for worrying you..."

"Then why are you calling at this hour?" I asked.

"Well to be honest, I didn't think you would pick up... But I was hoping for someone to talk to..."

"About what?"

"My soulmate."

"...Okay. Say what you need to say."

"I know I said earlier that it doesn't seem to matter anymore, but that's a lie... I mean, yeah I like someone else, but I know they're not interested in romance whatsoever, especially not with me! I just want to be loved by someone, and for someone to be loved by me... I know you might not get it, but it's important to me... To have someone like that. I want someone I can trust, y'know? And someone who cares about me in that way. When it's your soulmate, it's like they're meant to fall in love with you, like they don't have a choice. Now that I say it out loud, that sounds messed up... But... Sorry, I'm ranting. I haven't even let you say anything."

There were multiple instances where her voice failed and she paused before continuing her words. I could tell she was crying. I heard her sniffling and waiting for a response, so I took a minute to come up with a reasonable reply.

"Maybe the person you like returns your feelings."

"What makes you say that?"

"Some people are used to denying their feelings. Maybe they act uninterested because they're afraid of rejection."

"It sounds like you're talking from personal experience, Xiao..."

Normally she'd say that in a teasing manner, as if making fun of me. Clearly she wasn't in the mood for making jokes, but I couldn't blame her. She was spilling her heart out to me over the phone at 4 in the morning, in a highly emotional state.