Chapter 12 - 2nd chances and admittings

Start from the beginning

"What, why, how would you be friends with her? She's such a bitch to you." Sirius says looking away from the mirror.

"Sirius! Language! And she's not a... Female dog," Avery says quietly.

"Why are you asking? You're not friends with her, right?" Remus asks as he looks at the girl.

"What? No." Avery says dragging out the 'o'.

"Blue? You're lying." James says, suspiciously looking at the blonde.

"What? No, I'm not," the blue eyed girl says, avoiding eye contact.

"Avery, you're lying. You're voice is a bit high pitched, you're avoiding eye contact and you won't stop fiddling with your rings, which means you're lying." James states causing Avery's eyes slightly widen and blushes.

"Okay, I'm sorry for lying.. It's just, I," Avery stutters nervously looking up at the boys before blurting out, "I'm friends with Lily! Woah, that felt good,"

The boys are silent before Peter speaks up, "Okay,"

"Okay? Okay, what,"

"Okay, Avery, we can't choose your friends but we, we don't want you to get hurt, so you've gotta be careful." Peter explains causing Remus to nod.

"Yeah, but if she hurts you I'll- I'll murder her." Sirius siriusly states.

Avery smiles at the three boys before looking over at James.

James, sitting there glaring at the floor, thinking about how stupid could she be to befriend Lily. Well he did have an obsession with the red-head, and did forget about it at the Quidditch game too, so who was he to be mad. He is allowed to be mad but it's really only the Hufflepuff's choice if she wants to be friends with the girl and-

"James," James is snapped out of his trance by Avery's voice.

"What?" the messy haired boy asks roughly, surprising Avery slightly.

"Are you mad at me for being her friend? I understand why but I wanna give her a chance." Avery says.

"What? No, no, of course not. I'm just, I was just thinking but... Wormtail was right, we can't choose your friends, but don't say we didn't warn you," James says causing Avery to smile and unexpectedly lunge at him, wrapping him in a hug.

"Oh, thank you, thank you! Oh, I'm so happy," Avery says as her nerves wash away.

"Your welcome, my love." James' words are muffled into Avery's hair.

"I have to go now. Bye, my love." Avery says calling him that unknowingly.

As Avery hugs the other three boys, James sits there smiling like a mad man.

Sirius notices James after Avery walked out and immediately teases him,

"Oi, Prongs! Got yourself a crush?"

James blushes as he pulls a pillow out from under him and mumbles, "Shut up,"

*-*-*-*-*-*

Avery makes her way down the stairs and asks one of Marlenes dorm mates where she was.

"Marlene? Oh, she's in the dorm,"

"Okay, thanks,"

Avery walks over to the girl dormitories and up the stairs to Marlenes dorm and knocks.

She hears a faint 'come in' and walks into the dorm.

"Hey, Marley. Um, can I tell you something?" Avery asks.

"Yeah, sure," the other blonde replies looking up from a Quidditch magazine, which she only looks at them for the 'hot boys' when really that magazine was full of girls.

"Um, okay," the platinum blonde pauses taking a deep breathe, "well, um,"

"Spit it out," Marlene forces getting impatient.

Avery blurts out, "I'm giving Lily a second chance,"

"Oh, oka- YOU'RE WHAT?" the Gryffindor shouts, taking in the news.

"I'm giving Lily a second chance! I'm sorry, but I feel like she really means it when she'll be a good friend." Avery says.

"You're giving Evans a second chance? Why?" Marlene asks in a slightly softer voice.

"Because she apologized and I felt that she was being truthful and that she'd be a better friend, so I trusted my gut," Avery says finally making eye contact.

"Okay," Marlene says as she looks down slightly.

"What's bothering you?" Avery asks noticing something is clearly bothering the blonde.

"I like girls," the blonde girl blurts out before letting out a sigh of relief, "felt good,"

"Oh, finally you realize that," the Hufflepuff giggles causing the Gryffindor to look at her in confusion.

"What?"

"I've known for a while now. With you looking at the magazine, checking girls out and having eye sex with other girls," Avery laughs causing Marlene to gasp dramatically.

"Did Avery Flynn just say, 'eye sex'?! Merlin, and I thought you were innocent," Marlene mutters causing the taller blonde to once again laugh.

A/N
This didn't take as long as the last chapter! Also Marlene just admitted to liking girls! Like we all know she likes girls! Anyways have a good day/night my loves!