(Y/n) stood up, grabbing onto Eddie's hand for guidance. "I don't know. Maybe we should stay down here until-"

"No, if Zack and Rachel manage to make it out, the end announcement will take place." He warned, holding his gun in the opposite hand he held (Y/n)'s with. "I guess no one really went over that with you, but...the end announcement means that the experiment has come to an end and that we'll all have to stay on our floors..." he paused, his lips quivering a bit. "...and burn to death with the building..."

(Y/n)'s heart splattered. "What?! Burn to death?! The building gets lit on fire?!"

Eddie nods before realizing she couldn't see the response. "Mhm. And we can't leave because the experiment has to be kept a secret. No survivors."

(Y/n) hated the idea of Eddie remaining in a burning building crying out for help. In fact, it seemed to be in her very nightmares that something like that would happen to such a kind boy like him. Although, she wouldn't have really minded if it was herself in that situation. "That's a horrible thought."

"Mhm, let's get out of here as quickly as possible..." Eddie yawned, his eyes growing heavy. He then wrapped his arms around her, hugging her tightly before clicking the button to open the elevator doors. With a horrible screech, the doors both opened, allowing the two of them to enter. (Y/n) held onto Eddie's arm with fear of becoming lost, trying desperately to remain as calm as Eddie seemed to be. However, Eddie wasn't calm at all, he was just exhausted to the point his nervousness faded away. He was so tired in fact, he didn't even notice the huge amount of blood sprayed on the floor.

"Can we...take another break...?" He asks, continuing to snap his head back up from almost drifting off.

"What? Rachel and Zack are on this floor, we can't!" The young girl protested, not able to see Eddie on the verge of passing out right then and there.

Eddie wobbles a bit before needing to lean against the wall. He had never felt this tired in his entire life and at the worst time too. "It's funny, cause I thought...I wasn't too tired and we continue...but now I don't think..."

"H-Hey! What are you saying? We'll make it out of here!" (Y/n) assured him. "And you should be careful with that gun! You'll-!"

Eddie's legs gave out, causing him to fall into the puddle of blood, luckily not head first. (Y/n) almost toppled over top of him, before catching herself and pulling her arm away from his grip. "Hey! Hey! Eddie, stay awake, okay? You can't-!"

"(Y/n)..." Eddie smiled with a bubbly feeling in his stomach. He then lifted himself up onto her, giggling. "...oopsie..."

"Eddie," she nervously mumbled, holding him up. Her wrists ached, but other than that she wasn't in much pain. "hey. Make sure you don't fall asleep, no matter what. We aren't safe yet."

After hearing the urgency in her voice, Eddie shifts more of his weight over to his side rather than hers, trying his best not to pass out right then and there. He felt stupid for taking more pain killers than needed, especially when his beloved was on the line. "I'm sorry...I should've sucked up the pain..."

"It's not your fault. We took all the medicine from Danny's floor so if the pain does come back after a few hours, then I have more pain killers. I have bandages too, in case your wound opens back up-!"

The elevator doors opening interrupted (Y/n)'s statement, startling her if anything. Eddie sighed, holding onto (Y/n) as she stood up, almost falling again. "I'm so...tired...I-I don't think I can make it t-too far without..."

"You're okay. I promise, it's going to be fine. Just try your best to lead us somewhere safe so that you don't pass out on the spot."

Eddie thought hard, knowing the layout to Gray's floor. However, his mind wasn't clicking because of his exhaustion. "Um...w-we would need to know where..."