eight

"and the shepherd retold the story of how the little girl brought life into the village. whilst she was trespassing, the arm of her lover wrapped in hers as they skipped, she noticed the sheep limping.

oh such a poor thing.

her face softened towards the boy beside her, who's eyes widened as the sheep got up and ran off.

hey, come back!

she called after it, and began sprinting behind the animal. the boy begged her to stop, but she was soon beyond his reach."

"i've heard this story too many times. tell another." historia yawned with her head in my lap, listening intently as i read from her mother's tales book.

"you've heard all of them at least a hundred." i sighed, placing the book down on the beside table in defeat.

"and you still need to tell me about what happened." i added, remembering how a week had passed since the abnormal titan. i tapped my finger delicately on the red tip of her nose.

she sat up, eyes looking around the room concerned. after inhaling a deep breath, she finally composed herself.

"rod reiss was my father. he kidnapped eren and i in hopes i would consume eren, regaining the attack titan. he wanted to inject me, with titan serum. when i touched eren, i saw how erens father ate my distant sister to regain the titan eren has. the same titan that built the walls. eren begged me to eat him to save humanity, but i couldn't." historia began retelling, with tears brimming in her eyes.

"distant sister?"

"frieda, she had the power to make us forget. she would read to us when mother went out." historia smiled in memory, or so in the things she saw when touching eren.

"historia? you never remembered?" my eyebrows furrowed with the distinct memory of the girl.

"you remember my sister?"

"historia, she isn't your sister..." historia looked at me disengaged, her eyes narrow in collusion. "she's mine."

celebrations began in the city of mitras the same day, whilst the streets were lively with the citizens cheering for their new queen. inside of the palace, all forces gathered for the coronation of their new queen, historia.

as the palace clock struck 4 the crown was placed upon her head, causing the crown on the street to erupt in joy as historia overlooked the balcony onto them.

"i promise to serve these walls!" her speech concluded, waving towards the mass of people that came to the capital city. behind her stood the special ops unit, myself, ezekiel, anouk, aidan and alora who all had returned from military confinement recently. although aidan managed to make it out with jean, the rest were caught under suspicion of trespassing. of course, the first thing historia did when she came into power was order them back to palace, later arresting the culprits.

the five of us returned inside once the ceremony had concluded, historia following behind. i took historia into an embrace immediately out of the public eye.

"come on, everyone's waiting for us." historia beamed as she took my hand in hers. we cascaded down the palace walls which seemed more invting since the last time i was within them. soon, we reached the all too familiar throne room.

historia regained her seat upon the throne, before her stood erwin, either side of him knelt my comrades. the five of the special ops unit knelt on the left side, whilst levi, eren, armin, mikasa and the remainder of the levi squad positioned on the right.

erwin walked towards the throne, kneeling down finally. a carcanet was placed over his uniform, symbolising his courage and willingness to fight for the queen and be her first in command.