↳ 𝘽𝙧𝙪𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙀𝙜𝙤

Start from the beginning

You arrived at the house, and you got out of the car, getting your bags out of the backseat. You had your keys so you didn't have to wait as he took his precious time to get out of the car. You walked over to the front door and opened it. As you entered the place, Mrs. Fushiguro came running down.

"Finally! The kids are upstairs, I have to go! Have fun!" She was quick to leave, not that you cared. The kids hadn't noticed your arrival, so you took this opportunity to set the bags down in your room. You looked around the room and when you noticed everything looked normal, you exited the room and walked to the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm home!" You yelled. You looked back at the front door, where Mr. Fushiguro walked in. He was heading for the stairs so you got out of the way. Just as he was about to go up, Megumi came running down.

"Hey." You smiled down at the little boy, who was quick to hug you. Mr. Fushiguro just looked at his son. He was jealous of you. So fucking jealous. His daughter also came down to hug you. He watched as well, before continuing going upstairs.

"How was your weekend?" You asked the kids, as you walked to the kitchen to figure out what you'd make them for dinner. They both had different answers. Tsumiki's was a positive response, while Megumi's was the opposite. You expected it since Mr. Fushiguro told you so yesterday.

"How was your test on Friday, Gumi?" You asked, and he looked down at the ground. He had hoped you had forgotten about it. He hadn't done so good... He was hoping he could hide it.

"Good..." He lied. It was easy for you to tell he was lying. He was probably expecting to be punished for a bad grade, which is why he decided to lie.

"You know, if you didn't do so good it's okay. When I was your age my grades weren't always perfect and my parents understood." You told him in hopes he would come forward and be honest. You partially lied as well, your parents weren't the most understanding people when it came to bad grades. "I would be more upset if you lied to me."

"I lied... I got a 70." He confessed.

"That's not too bad. There's room for improvement but it's a passing grade." You told him since it wasn't as horrible as you thought. "We have to improve that grade, though." You were scared that your words would encourage him to get 70s, which isn't what you wanted. You wanted him to do better, and try his best. However, you didn't want him to feel bad since the grade wasn't horrible, and it wasn't realistic to expect him to get A's on every test.

"How about you Tsumiki, how was that math quiz of yours on Thursday?" You turned your attention to the little girl and she smiled. Now, you knew she had done well.

"I got 99%!" She excitedly shared and you high-fived her.

"So proud of you! That's an amazing grade!" You congratulated her.

"I got a point off for not showing all of my work on the last question, though." She crossed her arms and pouted. You felt her frustration. What the hell was the point of showing all of her work. She still did great though.

"You did great! Don't worry about it." You told the girl, and patted her head. "So what were you two doing?"

"I was playing with my dolls." Tsumiki answered.

"Drawing." Megumi responded.

"Don't let me disturb your day, go on and have fun." You said. You still had to do so much. You were in charge of doing the kids' laundry and you doubted their parents took care of that, as well as helping them clean up their rooms. Not to mention the fact that their teachers emailed you with the homework they had sent over the weekend so you had to check that too. "Please bring your backpacks down, I need to check your homework."

They walked upstairs, and you did the same to get their laundry baskets. You entered Tsumiki's room which was organized, so you didn't have to worry too much about her. You entered the closet, and saw it well organized as well. You grabbed the hamper and then exited the room. Next stop was Megumi's room. It was a mess... but it wasn't so bad. Just putting toys away. You entered the closet and also grabbed his hamper. Once you had both you walked downstairs and entered the laundry room. You threw in Tsumiki's clothes first.

You walked back to the living room and found their backpacks by the couch. You opened Megumi's first, since he had less homework than Tsumiki. While you were reading the answers he put down for his science homework, you felt someone sit down beside you. You looked to find Megumi with his drawing notebook and some color pencils.

"Where were you?" He asked as he drew something.

"I was visiting my parents." You responded.

"Can I go with you next time?" He requested and you smiled at him before ruffling his hair.

"I'm sure they'd be delighted to meet you." Your parents would be more than happy to meet Megumi. They loved kids, and they (actually just your mom) keep bugging you about when you'd give her grandchildren. Maybe Megumi could be like their grandchild.

"When are we going?" He was already getting excited. Megumi had no grandparents, and he was ready to view your parents as his grandparents.

"I don't know, one day." You shrugged.

"Alright." He continued drawing on his notebook.

You smiled looking at him, and then continued reading his homework.