The Vision of Nightmares

Start from the beginning

~

Yong was the first one to get up the next day, with explosive amounts of energy seeming to be coursing through his veins.

As the Chinese boy got out of bed and stretched, he heard a small whimper. Curiosity filled his eyes as he looked over to see where the sound was coming from. But before he did, he saw Ruddiger and started chasing him around their mini house on wheels. After almost falling in his face for about the third time, it doesn't stay clean when you have 2 alchemists, a hyperactive 12 year old, and a star gazing princess staying with you, Yong  decided he'd wake up Nuru. Why was he about to wake up Nuru? Because it was his turn to do something on the chore list and he didn't know what he's supposed to do because the chore list is too high and he's a short boy.

" Nuru, " Yong said as he looked at her pacing, " can you please wake up? "

With a small groan, the dark skinned girl rose out of her bed and put her hair in a loose bun with the hair tie around her wrist. " Good morning, Yong. " Nuru said, stifling a yawn as she stood up and began stretching.

" Good morning, Nuru! " He replied as energetic as ever. " Can you please tell me what my chore is? I- uh. . . . . .can't exactly see what my chore is. "

Sweat dropping a bit, Yong followed Nuru over to the chore list with the girl mumbling how Hugo and Varian needed to make a step stool for the boy, she heard the whimpering that Yong heard earlier. She panicked a bit when she turned around to only see Hugo and Varian sleeping in Varian's bed. Although she could've used one of Hugo's new inventions, he called it a camera, to get blackmail on the both of them, she didn't because of the way Varian was lying in the bed.

Also because last time someone tried to use the 'camera' it exploded and their mini house on wheels almost burned down at 2 in the morning. That was also the night Nuru, Varian, and Hugo decided that Yong wasn't allowed to have sugar after 9 pm anymore unless he was kidnapped and his kidnappers gave him sugar.

The way the ravenette slept in bed was concerning to the princess. His face was formed into a look of pain, as sweat glistened off his forehead. The boy's hands were gripping onto Hugo's shoulders, nails digging into the blond's skin. A small whimper escaped Varian's mouth, causing him to grip onto Hugo tighter.

The sudden pain of contact made Hugo jump a little. His eyes opened slightly to see the desperate look on his boyfriend's face, causing him to sit up quickly. Yong looked over to where Nuru was looking and gasped as he went over there to see if Varian was okay.

Before any of them could say anything, Varian started crying. The very moment seemed to shock everyone, as their friend- no, their family member seemed to be having a panic attack in his dream.

" Varian, wake up! " Yong said in a state of panic. Sure, he knew that Varian had some nightmares when they first began traveling together, but never as bad as this.

" Varian, wake up! " Nuru had a look of fear in her eyes. Since she was the last one to join the group, the dark skinned girl never saw Varian have nightmares, considering that Varian only had nightmares during the beginning of the journey.

" Varian, wake up! " Hugo yelled, with Varian in his arms. He moved the smaller boy's head to his lap, his breathing hitched when he felt his lover twitch in his sleep.

Suddenly, Varian's eyes opened. Though his vision was blurry from his tears, the arms that held him down during his panic attack made him feel at home. It made him feel safe, something he hadn't felt in the Kingdom of Corona for a long time.

The very thought of Corona made his breathing hitch. Varian closed his eyes once more, tighter than before. He felt as if he couldn't breathe any sort of breath, no matter how hard he tried to do so. He could feel sweat on his forehead, dripping even though his body felt cold as ice.

Yong was extremely worried, as a few years slipped down his chubby face. The person he thought of as an older brother, as a mentor, looked like he was in so much pain. And there Yong was, standing there in fear, just watching the ravenette's panic rise further and further.

Nuru was scared, so scared that she felt her body shake in fear. Seeing the person she saw as a brother, looking so broken that she would question if the Varian she knew was still there, broke her heart. She was going to be queen of her kingdom one day. She had to help people- no, she WANTED to help people. So why can't she help a boy who helped her save her kingdom?

Hugo was heartbroken and angry, so much that he didn't realize that one of his fists was clenched so tightly that his knuckles turned white. He may not have liked Varian when they first met, but then something changed and Hugo realized he loved the short alchemist. And even when he didn't like him, he knew that no one at the going age should have gone through what Varian went through. And all that way, all the way through his struggles, no one helped the blue eyed boy until it was too late.

That's what angered Hugo the most, that no one cared about him or noticed him until the damage was already done. Varian may have said that he was okay now, but the blond knew he was just trying to make them all feel better. To not make them stay with him out of pity. That's why he felt so heartbroken and angry, not just because Varian had to go through all of this pain, but because Varian went through all of this pain and felt like he didn't deserve to feel better.

The blond suddenly got an idea upon looking at his lover's face being twisted into pain. Leaning his head down towards his face, the green eyed boy gently placed a kiss on Varian's forehead. The ravenette's body suddenly seemed to calm down, as his shoulders became less tense.

Opening his cerulean blue eyes, deep and heavy breaths filled his lungs. After a few moments, his vision became less blurry as he felt a gentle touch wiping away his crystal tears.

Looking around his surroundings, Varian could see the worried eyes of the people he'd called his family the night prior. All 3 of them had either watery eyes or had tears falling down their cheeks *cough* Yong *cough*. His eyes widened as Nuru and Yong went over to him and gave Varian a hug, Hugo's forehead against Varian's.

As the 4 family-like companions stayed in that position for the rest of the morning, they only ever stopped when their home on wheels came to a stop. The Kingdom of Corona standing before them.

And chapter 2 is done! Please tell me what you all are thinking of this story so far. Also, I'll try to update this book every 1-2 weeks.

Have a wonderific day/night everyone! 😊

~ Brooklyn