Chapter 16

Petro heard what had happened. He loved his Mistress but didn’t want to die either.  He had a plan and knew he could escape but he couldn’t do it on his own. Now that the Shifter had been locked in with him he could try to get her help.

Karra was in pain. So much pain her mind almost went black again from it. God what had happened? Was she dead finally? No she was hurting like hell. She wasn’t dead. She opened her eyes and tried to get up. She whined softly. God she hurt.

“Hey doggy,” Petro was speaking softly.

She growled instantly.

“Shhh!! You idiot the guards will hear!” He hissed. “Do you want to get out of here or not?”

She eyed him warily. He was the one The Mistress had tortured in the room.

“I don’t want to die any more than you do,” he said as quietly as he could.  “I have a plan but I can’t do it alone.”

She growled again. She’d rather die than help these stinking creatures out.

“Look I know you hate me and I hate you. I don’t want to die and I know you don’t want to,” he sneered. “I have a plan, but I can’t do it alone. I’m not strong enough. You on the other hand are.”

He carefully laid his plan out for her. It was easy really. Get the guards attention. He walks in after seeing she was still unconscious. She leaps up and kills him. He gets the keys and leads them out through a secret tunnel he had found.

Karra couldn’t believe this. This vampire was asking for her help to escape. Seriously how much more fucked up could this day get. But it was a decent plan. Simple. Those vampires underestimated not only her but this one as well. They would be caught off guard. And her chains would make it almost impossible for a clean kill. She glanced at him then at her chains.

“Yes, yes I thought about that. Now don’t bite me please,” he asked as if she were some common stray.

He had leaned over after slipping the cuffs he had off. He saw her eyes go wide.

“Hey I’ve been alive for a long time. I know how to pick a stupid simple lock. It’s the ones around our necks that are the problem.” He knew that if tampered with they would just detonate and take off the things head that had it on.  The guards had the keys to them.

“Now I’m going to unlock them but leave them on,” he whispered, “I’ll turn them so the unlocked part is out of view.” He heard shuffling outside of the door.

Quickly he went back to his spot and put the chains back on.

“What are you doing in there?”  The guard must have heard something.

Petro lifted his head. Karra lay motionless.

“I was saying, that it was fitting I should be locked in here with a fucking dog that stinks to high heaven,” he tried to sound offended.

The guard laughed, “Yeah The Mistress isn’t done with you yet.” He walked away.

Listening till he heard no more sounds, Petro slide the chains off again and quietly snuck over to Karra.  He unlocked all the chains but left them on her paws. He turned them so that if anyone looked inside they would see nothing amiss.

“Now,” he whispered, “they make their rounds about every two minutes.  When the next one comes around I’ll lure him in. You have to kill quickly. If you go for the throat I can shove some cloth into his mouth. He won’t be dead. But he’ll be down for a long time.”

Petro had finished with the cuffs. All unlocked but still on. Her heart raced. Could she finally get free? Well it was worth it.  She would either get free or die trying.  The alternative was waiting for her up in that room….