Wrong

*Kit's POV*

Kit didn't believe in Soulmates.

Now, that may seem stupid, since he gotten his soulmate's injuries to add to his own but Kit had long ago came to the realization that he was just unlovable.

It probably started when his mother left him on his father's doorstep with a note
"Who could love it?"

His father apparently couldn't.

And that was just the beginning.

Now, Kit was 15 years old, and walking into his 10th school in as many years.

They never stayed anywhere for longer than a year, after that they were gone.

It wasn't always Kit's dad's either, not always when someone would track down the infamous con master of Los Angeles.

No, sometimes it was Kit's fault.

They would see his scars, and the bruises and put two and two together.

Child services had knocked on his door more than once. They even tried to corner him at school once.

He had run.

He always ran.

His father knew only to run as had his father before him.

Now it was only what Kit knew.

"Room 221b." Droaned the secretary, handing Kit a schedule, "Bell rings in five minutes, I would advise not being late."

She hadn't even looked up at him, Kit thought sullenly.

The blonde boy trudged down the whitewashed hall, eyes scanning the tops of the doors absently.

Until they stopped on Room 221b.

It can't be any different from the other 10 schools, Kit reassured himself.

How wrong he was.

A/N - this is a part of a larger story I have planned out, but I have gotten stuck about halfway through so I published the first chapter here. Sorry if this doesn't make any sense.

Vote, comment, share.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter,

-Nameunknown

Published: September 3rd 2021, 11:57pm