C h a p t e r 1 5

It was late at night but, we made it home. We dropped off Toni and Kiara at thistle house and then, I drove Juliet and I home. Which, sadly, was still Alice's apartment. We got in around maybe 11:00 at night. Julie was asleep in my arms. I unlocked the door quietly and put Julie in the guest bedroom. I lay her down in the bed and put the covers over her. I kissed her on the head.
"I love you, baby." I whispered and shut the door quietly. I put on sweatpants and one of my "s" T-shirts. I laid down on the couch. Sometimes I wish one morning I would wake up, and there Betty would be. Just making breakfast like every other morning. Her saying the words,"my love" and "juggy." I miss hearing her say those words. I miss her so much. I began to think back a lot. Up until I drifted off to sleep. The next morning I awoke back at my house. I was in our bed. I rolled over and stared at the ceiling. Then, that's when I sat up. There were cardboard boxes everywhere. Then, that's when I remembered. This was one of those mornings. One of those morning when Betty was still here. It felt like I was reliving it. I could here the water running in the bathroom.
"Betty?"
"Morning, my love." God, she was stunning. She was probably around six months pregnant. I got up, grabbed her face and kissed her on the lips.
"Mm." She said as she kissed me. I pulled away and we both laughed.
"I love you, Betts."
"I love you too, Juggy." We had only been living in the house for maybe a little less than a week. Downstairs, I opened my laptop and continued to write my book.
"Coffee for my love?"
"Let me get it. You can't even drink coffee."
"Alright." She laughed.
"Here, sit down."
"Alright, fine."
"You excited to find out the gender of our baby today?" I said pouring my coffee.
"I'm so excited, Juggy." She said with a smile on her face. I grabbed us two muffins and sat down at the counter next to her. We kissed.
"So, how's the book going?"
"Good. At least I have you to proofread it for me." We smiled at each other.
"Well, I think it's amazing, Jug."
"Great."
"I think I'm going to go take a bath."
"Can I join?"
"I guess." She rolled her eyes and laughed. We sat in the bathtub with bubbles everywhere.
"I'm so happy, Betty."
"Yeah, me too, Jug. I'm so happy." We kissed. I plugged my nose and went underwater. When I came back up, Betty started playing with my wet hair and styling it. We were laughing. Then, we kissed. She held my face in the palms of her hands. I ran my fingers through her wet, golden blonde hair. Soon, we got out of the bathtub and got ready. We both had to put on nice clothes since today was pretty special. Today was our gender reveal party. Betty had the biggest smile on her face. She was blow drying her hair then, she curled it. When she was all ready to go, I dipped her down and we kissed.
"I love you." She smiled.
"I love you too, Betty. So much." We kissed again. Soon, we got in the car to go to the park. The event would be catered by Pop's. So, we got to have burgers and milkshakes. I called V and Archie, who were helping to set up. Since Veronica was about 8 months, she couldn't do much. Archie set up everything that Veronica ordered. When we got there, the girls sat down as Archie and I set up the rest of the decorations. My parents, my sister, Alice, my sister in law Polly were all there. Cheryl, Toni, Kevin, and Fangs all showed up. All of the serpents came as well. The pussycats were invited because Betty loves them but, they were on tour so they sent us a gift for the baby. We played a bunch of games, opened gifts, and ate. It was time for the big moment.
"Ready to find out the gender of our baby?" I smiled at Betty.
"Yes!!" She said so excitedly. We had a big, white cardboard box. It was pretty big. Everybody started counting down as I cut the box open. I held it down.
"3..2..1!" Everyone counted down. Then, Betty and I let the top of the box fly open and pink balloons flew out the top and into the air. All of our friends and family were screaming in joy. Betty ran up into my arms and we kissed passionately. I dipped her down and then back up.
"We're having a girl!!" Betty exclaimed.
"We're having a little baby girl. God, I love you." I said my hand around her.
"I love you too, Juggy. I'm so happy."
"Me too." We kissed. The rest of the day went by pretty smoothly. We cleaned up, then we went home. We had dinner with our families all together. Then, we went over to Archie's and we watched a movie. He showed us the nursery for little Tommy. Honestly, it kind of made me want to have a boy. But, I felt super lucky that I got to have a little girl that would probably be a lot like Betty. After the movie, we talked for a while. Betty was exhausted so, I carried her home bridal style like a baby doll. I carried her up the stairs and put her in bed. Then, I carried all the gifts into Betty's old room. This room would soon be Julie's. I climbed into bed after. Betty cuddled up real close to me. She whispered in my ear, "she's kicking." She grabbed my hand and put it on her stomach. My eyes opened.
"Wow."
"I know." She looked up and smiled at me. I kissed her head. She put her head real close to my chest as I fell asleep. Another one do the best days of my life.