4

I get to my room, panting and almost in tears.

These past few days a blur in my memory. It's like I can't remember anything useful. I have to look for my Bible, a Bible, any Bible.

I searched my drawers, my closet, everywhere. I couldn't find one. I was a fucking christian for God sakes and I could not even find one bible.

And I know for a fact, something is going to happen tomorrow, and I won't remember anything again. I just know it. The way my mind has been cutting like a pirated movie. My train of thoughts. This was a brief window of clarity and I had to take full advantage of it.

I pick a piece of paper. I need to write what I saw. I must see grandma tomorrow. I must. They could have killed her. I must tell mummy what I saw. Dad! I must see dad tomorrow. Favour. I must see her tomorrow. I will not listen to anything anybody tells me. If I can't achieve any of this. I'm leaving tomorrow and I'm going to Pastor Michael's house.

This isn't a fucking American horror movie. Black people don't do this shit.

I write everything down.

And I write Fiyin at the bottom of the paper and circled her name in red ink.

**

I wake up.

Have to go greet mum. I'm forgetting something

Paper

I scoff at that. Sure, I'm forgetting paper.

I go to take my bathe and brush my teeth and come back to bed. Mum peeps in.

"Eni"

"Mummy good morning"

"Good morning omo dada (good child) God bless you"

"Amen ma" She leaves the room before I can finish the first part of my answer, but as soon as I say the word "Amen" I remember. Paper!

Brief moment of clarity.

I rush to my bed and start searching all over. I sit on my pillow and rest my back against the headboard, and then hear the slight sound paper makes when squeezed.

I stand up from pillow immediately.

Paper!

I needed paper for something. I wrote something important on it.

I remove the pillow and pick up the piece of paper.

All I see is a red horribly drawn circle.

What a waste of time looking for paper only to see a red circle on it. I hiss, kissing my teeth. Rubbish!

"Oh God please help me, what is happening God"

Must see Grandma

My head snaps up. I must see grandma.

I walk out of my room bathed and dressed. As usual nobody is in the house. I don't seem to care, and I know that is wrong, but I don't think for now I can do anything about it.

I run down the compound till I round the building. The door is there. For once.

"Thank God" I whisper.

Something is definitely wrong.

In my mind's eye, I see the name Fiyin in the red circle I saw on the paper I threw away.

That's all I need to know.

I opened the door and step in. It is dark as a motherfucker. I pull out my phone and shine its light.