"connie!" she screamed, causing me to cover my ears painfully and for every head in the area to turn in our direction. bald headed boy from earlier appeared at her side in a matter of seconds.

"what, sasha?" she spat in an annoyed tone.

"do what she asks." she nudges the boy, gesturing down to my hand that still contained the shiny silver package. his eyes widened likewise to how sashas did.

"whatever you say, ma'am." connie imitated the salute that sasha performed. how did these two manage to get past training.

"tell me about the beast titan."

"he was really tall, probably not as tall as the colossal because he was climbing the wall. he spotted the castle from wall maria, and after that a herd of titans came from his direction. it's like he told them to come to us... or something." he ended by scratching the back of his neck, trailing off. i sighed, however threw the package in the air for them to catch. as i removed myself from their company, i heard them arguing over who got the food behind me.

"all i got was he was trying to climb wall maria. sent a herd of titans from his direction." i recalled back to ezekiel, who was now loading a cart on the traintracks.

"climbing the wall?" he reiterated in confusion. i nodded in agreement, realising how fictional it may sound.

"interesting. good work, l/n." ezekiel praised, before continuing - "you can go find historia now." a smile coated his usually firm lips. i returned it with a grin, twisting on my heel towards where recruits began to gather.

passing the injured, crowds of people blocked my vision as i scanned frantically for the blonde. many had their wounds attended to, white bandages or casts on their bodies.

finally, i spotted historia on the edge of the wall away from the recruits beside ymir.

"krista!" i called, the grin on my face never faltering. her head turned towards me as she heard, her melancholic expression indefinitely switching as she beamed towards me. removing herself from her position, she ran over to me and embraced me tightly.

"i've missed you so much!" she greeted, tears soaking my shoulder as she rested her head against it.

"you too, historia." i whispered, patting her hair as i did.

she detached herself from me, grabbing my hand however and guiding me to ymir.

"it's okay to call me my real name, ymir knows." historia revealed, causing me to nod apprehensively.

"are you hurt?" i gushed, steadily remembering how she was stuck in castle utgard. before replying, she shot a smile towards ymir.

"no, ymir saved us." she blushed, looking down onto the town below her feet at the bottom of the wall. i mouthed a 'thank you' towards the girl who's face was ridden with a stoic expression, resulting in a nod.

"how's special ops?" historia questioned, excitement laced in her voice.

a small chuckle left my throat - "this is my first mission, actually. ezekiel still thinks i need more training, but i begged him to be here."

"training? you already did military training?"

i shook my head - "it's different, historia. my comrades... they're - they have the power to kill all the titans if they wanted to." i confessed, to which historias eyes widened.

"like, the whole unit of you?"

"there's four of us, including me."

"that's insane! are they that talented?"