1

The music was loud.

The conversations and the screams were louder.

Naruto completely forgot how rowdy his year was. Even though he was probably the center of the rowdiness.

Damn.

Has he really grown up that seeing Kiba Inuzuka downing a shot with some other guys was loud?

Hell, they used to sneak behind the school and down beers every time the veterinarian stole some of his father's stash.

The company is really making Naruto feel like a grumpy old geezer.

"You have an interesting bunch of classmates." Sara's giggle tickled his ears. She's probably watching Kiba trying to dance with one of the girls in his year who looked absolutely terrified.

He chuckled, wishing he could be that carefree. "That's Kiba. He's a bit special, y'know?"

His fiancée opened her mouth ready to speak when it was cut off by a high pitched screech.

"NARUTO?!"

Ah.

Alas, he has been found.

"Uzumaki Naruto is that you?"

The named man recognized the voice almost instantly. He turned just in time to catch a pinkette running straight into his arms, scaring his fiancée with the sudden actions. Naruto paid her no mind. 

Sara relaxed when she saw the pink hair. 

It's only Sakura Haruno: one of Naruto's long time closest friends. There was a time in his childhood that he had huge crush on her but Sara has met her a couple times before. It was clear to her that the relationship they share was no more than long time siblings.

"Ugh! You barely text me back nowadays!" She smacked his arm when they finished their embrace. "What the hell?!"

Naruto rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "Sorry. I've been so busy, y'know?" 

Sakura's gaze quickly flickered to Sara before pointing at the blonde man, "He still treating you well, right?"

Sara giggled with a nod. "Of course he is. Don't worry, Sakura."

The emerald eyes sparkled with amusement as she striked up a small conversation with Naruto. Something about missing her own husband because of his many, many oversea trips. Sara listened in for a bit but her attention kept deterring elsewhere, watching the hundreds of strangers talk amongst each other. A lot of new faces and others she has seen through Naruto's photo albums he keeps in his room. 

Then she saw...

Her.

Her throat dried when she recognized the long, silky navy hair curled perfectly for the event. The sudden sharp stab in her chest when she silently admired the way the dark sleeveless dress hugged her body, showing off the woman's bare back. It seemed like she captured the attention of almost everybody in the gym. Some of the guys nearby stole glances while others just openly starred and sipping on their drinks.

Sara recognized her even without seeing her face. 

It's like her entire being rang elegance; the magnetic pull of anything this woman did was strong and everybody wanted to be apart of it. 

The woman turned.

And Sara grabbed onto her fiancée's arm.

"Sara?" Naruto blinked down at her, confused.