6

--

"Atsushi-kun, today can you help me on investigation? You need to go to the location though." Kunikida tells the younger male

Atsushi nods his head and glance at Akutagawa who is silent. Suddenly he needs to investigate something outside of the office today, at least he could feel how to be a detective right?

"You are not going alone. Bring Akutagawa with you." Dazai said, showing up out of nowhere

Atsushi sighs and nods his head. It's not like he could go alone anyway. He still needs help and Akutagawa could help him with it, he just never know how to do things like investigation and also become a detective.

And his illness would not let him to go alone. If he suddenly bleeding during the investigation it would be hell for him and get a good scold from Dazai.

"Let's go." Akutagawa said as he his Rashomon automatically wrapped itself around Atsushi

Atsushi widening his eyes and confusedly stare at the weird things around his body. He never saw Akutagawa could do something like this? What happens now?

He blink his eyes and hoping that Akutagawa would explain to him.

Eventually Akutagawa noticed it and stop walking for awhile and face the confused Atsushi.

"It's Rashomon, it's my power and my monster. It's could transform into my overcoat anytime I want. Is that clear for you?" Akutagawa ask with furrowed eyebrow

"But why you are holding me with your Rashomon like this?" Atsushi ask sighing tiredly

"So that I don't have to carry you myself. I know you would complain that you are tired of walking." Akutagawa said and shrugs his shoulders

Atsushi surrender and quit talking. Rashomon does look like monster and it's from Akutagawa's overcoat. It's look dangerous to him but it doesn't hurt him even a bit.

It's just holding him but people still sending them weird and confused expressions. Maybe this is another way how to embarrass themselves in the public now.

--

Both of them reached the place that Kunikida mentioned earlier. It's turned out to be some abandoned place but Atsushi could feel weird aura surrounding them. It's doesn't feels good at all.

Akutagawa put him down and clear his throat slightly. Both looks around and don't really noticed something suspicious. But Akutagawa knows well, it's one of the enemy's foul game.

He hold Atsushi close to him protectively.

"Look who we have here?" A man ask, laughing maniacally

A man that Atsushi doesn't recognize at all. So he start to feel scare but at least Akutagawa is there with him.

"It's you again. Don't you feel bored?" Akutagawa ask, nonchalantly

"What do you mean? I never feel bored on killing others. Today, you both come here by yourself huh?" The man ask, smirking

"Rashomon." Akutagawa mumble

The Rashomon immediately attack the man. Or maybe even need to slice it but the man got some good stamina to avoid it.

"You just never learn your lesson.." Akutagawa said frowning and made the Rashomon to kill the man instantly

It causes the building to destroy in the process but Akutagawa could careless. It's not his problem anyway.

Atsushi's mouth hangs open at the sight in front of him. It's look scary to which Akutagawa just cover his eyes. He pout his lip and let the older cover his eyes. He didn't want to get any nightmare soon.

"Is it done?" Atsushi ask

"I think so? We are not here to investigate anymore. I already killed this useless and weak man." Akutagawa said

"Eh? That's all?" Atsushi ask, tilting his head

Akutagawa only nods his head at the question. He knows Kunikida just wanted Atsushi to feel this kind of situation.

"Does that means if I come here alone, I would die here? That man looks stronger than me." Atsushi ask

"That's why I'm here with you. There's no way I would let you to come here alone. That man was the ex member of port mafia. I knew him." Akutagawa explain

Atsushi nods his head at the information and look around at the place again. The wall were destroyed due to Rashomon but he doesn't care about it.

It's not his place anyway.

"Let's go." Akutagawa mumble and drag Atsushi with him

"Where are we going?" Atsushi ask clueless and look at the older male with his doe purple golden eyes

Akutagawa sigh and decided to ignore Atsushi. It's not important for Atsushi to know, the younger boy only need to follow him.

Atsushi pout his lip and follow Akutagawa closely from behind. He stare at his bandaged hands and frown, he don't like himself for easily bleeding now. But what can he do? Nothing, only deal with it without complaining much.

He sigh and downcast his eyes to look at his shoes. He's tired already and cup his nose at his own instinct. He could feel his nose getting hot which means it's bleeding from the inside again.

"Normal." He whispers to himself and pull his hands away from his nose

As always, blood in his hands, because of the nosebleed.

"What happened?" Akutagawa ask, stop himself from walking after he noticed that Atsushi is staring at his hands and not looking forward

"Huh?" Atsushi blink his eyes and look up at the older male

He close his hands and hide the blood from Akutagawa but his nose betrayed him for his own good.

Akutagawa sigh tiredly at the view in front of him. He swear Atsushi would not pass the day without bleeding.

He unconsciously wipe the blood away from Atsushi's nose with his thumb which caught Atsushi off guard. Akutagawa suddenly act like this again?! What was that for?! Atsushi thought to himself as he panic inside.

"It's not stopping, Akutagawa-kun, you don't have to do this. My blood would dirtying your fingers." Atsushi said sighing

Akutagawa stay silent as his pull out a handkerchief from his coat pocket with his free hand. At least he prepare some handkerchief these days.

"Here, cover your nose with this." He said as he hand over the piece of cloth

Atsushi thank the older as his face flush with pink. Akutagawa could be all caring and concern but sometimes could be cold as ice! Atsushi thought to himself and mentally sigh.

Guess it's Akutagawa's demeanor. Sometimes caring, sometimes cold. Or even doesn't care at all.

--