"I suppose" he mumbled.

...

We stayed in the bath for half an hour longer. I was currently in the closet trying to find something to wear.

In the end i chose a red, silk dress that stopped just above my knees with matching black, jimmy choo heels and a golden chain.

I straightened my hair and applied light makeup.

To be honest, i was quite nervous about tonight. A part of my was intrigued to dwell deeper into Elijah's past, but then another part of me didn't want to overstep his boundaries and hurt him in the process.

When i walked back out into the bedroom, Elijah was fixing the sleeves of his dress shirt. I smiled.

He must of felt my stares and looked up, his eyes raking over my body.

"You ready to go darling?" Elijah slowly approached me, running the back of his hand down my arm causing me to shiver.

"Yep" i breathed.

"You look stunning" he whispered, intertwining our fingers.

...

Elijah was driving tonight and we'd decide to take his Lamborghini , the white one.

We began to pull up outside a large, yet very welcoming building. Elijah placed his hand on my thigh and rubbed the skin softly with his thumb, bringing out of my daydream.

"Ready?" He asked, smiling reassuringly at me. I nodded.

Elijah stepped out first, fixing his blazer before opening my door. I climbed out, swinging my small, black velvet purse over my shoulder.

The front door to the house swung open and a blonde haired girl who looked about my age, let out a squeal and jumped into Elijah's arms. He hugged her back.

The sight made me want to tear her away from him by her hair and slit her throat.

"Mi sei mancato cosi tanto fratellino" she said.

[i missed you so much baby bro]

"Anche tu mi sei mancata sorellina, e Siamo la stessa fottuta età" he furrowed his eyebrows.

[i missed you too sis, and we're the same fucking age]

"Stai zitto" she glared.

[shut up]

She turned to me, letting out a small gasp. She instantly pulled me into her arms, squeezing me tightly.

"My new sister in law! Holy fuck your gorgeous, i love your hair and that dress is ama-" she stated to ramble but was cut off by Elijah.

"Maria, this is my twin sister, alice"

"Older twin sister"

"Only by a minute" he argued.

"Still older" she shot back.