I smiled when I noticed Elijah running down the stairs. He lifted me off of the ground, into his arms. I played with his curls while he buried his head in the crook of my neck.

"I missed you" he mumbled against my skin, it tickling slightly.

"I was gone for 6 hours"

"Exactly, way too long"

I chuckled, kissing his temple.

"How does a bubble bath sound? We can watch a movie and get takeout" i raised a brow. He pulled away, wrapping my legs around his waist.

"You may not want the next piece of information then..."

"What is it?"

He sighed "we've been invited to dinner at my brother's"

Wow, totally not what i expected.

"Diego? But i thought he moved to Peru?"

"Well, he's back" he mumbled, his gaze flickered to the floor.

I grabbed his jaw gently, turning his head to face me "are you ok?"

He nodded.

"What time do we have to leave?" I asked.

"6pm"

i smiled "then that means there is still time for a bath" i wiggled out of his grip making him frown. I took his hand in mine and dragged him up the stairs to the bedroom.

"I can think of something else we can do" he smirked, gabbing my waist and throwing me onto the bed. I giggled, placing my hands on his cheeks, bringing his lips to mine.

Suddenly, i heard the sound of feet thudding towards the room and soon after three very happy looking dogs came into view. I gasped.

They all jumped onto the bed, bouncing around like foxes in snow. I ruffled Zeus's fur, earning whines from the other two.

"Cockblockers" Elijah grumbled, scowling at the dogs.

"Shush" i scolded, narrowing my gaze on him.

"I'll go get the bath ready" he hopped off of the bed and trudged into the en suit bathroom while i snuggled the dogs.

A few minutes later Elijah came back. He extended his hand to me. I stood up and intertwined our fingers.

He stopped in the doorway when Atticus whined. They were all still sat on the bed.

"She's mine, fuck off" he glaring, he closed the door behind us, picking me up and placing me on the counter, standing in between my legs as he kissed my lips.

"Let's get in this bath before it goes cold" he said. I nodded, pulling my shirt over my head and taking off my jeans. I stepped out of my underwear and unhooked my bra before slipping into the scolding hot water.

Elijah rested his head on my chest, letting out a sigh. i drew shapes on his shoulder with my fingertip, making him guess what they were.

"A triangle?" He asked.

"How the fuck does a rectangle feel like a triangle?"

"I don't know do i, I'm not psychic"

It was silent for a while.

"Are you sure you want to go to this dinner, i can cancel if you want" Elijah said. I peered down a him to find his gaze already on me.

"No way, you both need to talk. Besides, it'll be nice to meet your family"

"I suppose" he mumbled.

...

We stayed in the bath for half an hour longer. I was currently in the closet trying to find something to wear.