Whenever he calls me by the nickname that he created for me, my heart instantly swells. Ugh, Lucy he already got a girlfriend. I should stop myself from feeling this.

.

.

.

Linus' POV:

I was already waiting inside the dessert store to meet with Charlie Brown. My phone rang, and I answered.

"Linus?"

"Hey, Janice what's up?"

I heard Janice sighed on the other line. "I thought we'll spend the rest of the day together?"

"Oh, shoot. I'm very sorry Janice, I forgot to tell you that I'm going to meet with my friends today."

"Oh, no. It's fine."

There's silence after those words.

"Just please try to make time for me later?" Janice mumbled.

"Yeah, we can a watch movie later."

"I'll be waiting for you."

And there, we hung up.

I know that Janice is starting to feel distant. I mean, I like Janice. I really do. It's just, sometimes I feel like I need more time with my friends.

"I don't think we should continue whatever this is, Shermy." I heard a familiar voice from the other table near me.

I quickly snapped my head to its direction, and saw Sally with Shermy, with an untouched ice cream on their table.

"You should reconsider your options. We talked about this, Sally. You can't say no to me." Shermy firmly stated as I feel my eyebrows started to knit.

What does he mean she can't say no?

"I don't think I like this anymore." Sally said looking down on her lap.

I don't know what came to me. But when I saw Shermy grips Sally's wrist tight, my feet quickly drag me to their place, and the last thing I know, I was already standing in front of them.

They both look up to me, skeptical looks on their faces. I glared at Shermy's hold towards Sally, as he slowly took it away.

"Oh, Hi Linus. Didn't see you there." Shermy chuckled.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"What do you mean?" Shermy asked back.

"What are you doing to her?!" My hands curled into a fist.

"Whatever I'm doing to her is none of your business." Shermy stood up.

"Don't you ever hurt her." I glared at Shermy.

Sally looked at me with worried eyes.

"Don't you ever hurt Sally!"

Shermy started laughing. "Why would I hurt my own girlfriend? Oh, and another question, what are YOU doing? Interfering with someone's relationship?"

That's where it hit me. I am a nobody. Nobody in Sally's life. Why do I even feel like I have to do something to protect her? She's not even mine.

Shermy sighed and crossed his arms. "Sally, can you please tell your big brother's bestfriend to go away and mind his own business?"

I see Sally hesitated before standing up. "Linus, I'm fine. We're fine." She said in a monotone voice.

"Linus!" Charlie Brown's voice echoed through the dessert store as he immediately walked up to us, trying to pull me away.