"Mia, stop. We're running blind!"

She ignores your words, continuing to run ahead of you.

"We're losing our way for Christ's sakes, stop!"

You yell in frustration as she finally slows to a stop, dropping to her knees.

"I c-can't lose h-him, Jiyoo. I can't."

She says between heavy breaths with a wavering voice.

"That doesn't mean you take off into this fucking forest with no direction. Get a grip, Mia!"

You yell, shaking her shoulders as she looks at you with hooded eyes. She leans her helmet against yours, her heavy breaths fogging up the glass. You were now shrouded in darkness, the neon lights on your suits and torches were the only source of light.

You ears perk up when you hear heavy footsteps rushing in your direction, and Mia stands up too.

"Who's there?"

You yell out loud, and the running footsteps continue to get closer and closer until you're suddenly hurled to the ground.

You yelp, and the person above you screams, scrambling off you.

"Jake?!"

You yell in surprise as he crawls away from you, whines leaving him with a terrified expression on his face.

"J-jake, it's us! Mia and Jiyoo!"

Mia says, crouching down and taking his hand in hers. His heavy breaths slowly die down as he bursts into tears, fogging up his helmet. Your heart sinks into your stomach as you wrap your arms around him, pulling him into a tight embrace.

"Thank god you're alive. You're safe now, Jake."

You mutter, as Mia still stands a little away from the two of you.

"Where's Joon?"

She asks, crouching down and staring at Jake with trembling eyes.

Jake sniffles, shaking his head.

"They t-took him. I managed t-to escape before they c-could catch me."

Your eyes travel his suit, perfectly untouched.

"Where?" Mia asks, pulling him up to stand.

"There's a whole fucking city in this place. I'll guide you there."

He says, walking ahead of the two of you, his tears now gone.

"What were they?" You ask.

"Uh... they were h-hideous creatures. But one of them seemed to have power over the others, ordering them about. He was quite handsome."

You scrunch your nose at the unusual remark, glancing at Mia.

Jake hates complementing people. Especially people he doesn't like.