The Punch

"What're you reading?" I asked.

I glanced at the newspaper on the counter and slid it over to the edge. I tilted my head at the page I flipped to featuring the Ghost Face.

STAY HOME! GHOST FACE STRIKES AGAIN Written by Derek Grey

"Huh..." I murmured.

"Do you know this guy?" The Ghost Face hovered behind me and read over my shoulder.

"Actually, I just met him today. I went to the gazette and he introduced himself. Why?" I answered.

"There's something off about him. Don't trust him." Said the Ghost Face.

"You're saying some guy is off? He's just writing about your murders. It's his job." I scoffed.

"He's not a real journalist. He can't be." He muttered.

I looked behind to stare at his mask.

"What do you mean? He works at the newspaper, doesn't he?" I inquired.

"Yeah, well... people aren't always the way they seem, aren't they?" The Ghost Face replied.

I turned fully and leaned against the counter. The killer and I stared at each other for a long, silent time.

"I guess not."

He stared some more, his heavy breath muffled behind the mask.

"Not you, though." The Ghost Face said.

"What?"

"You're just as you seem."

"What does that mean?"

"You're a good person. I'm sure that's why Danny likes you so much." He walked past me, heading towards my bedroom.

"You think I'm a good person?" I whipped around and trailed after him.

I watched as the Ghost Face lifted a leg up to vault through my bedroom window.

"See ya, sweet cheeks." The man looked back at me through black mesh.

"But...!" I stuttered.

He was then out of sight. I turned around on the spot and pondered what he said. Danny and the Ghost Face didn't like this Derek dude... what was so wrong about him? I let out a huff and trotted off back to the kitchen to unpack the rest of my groceries.

Dammit! I forgot to ask him about that time I was drunk at Carlton's! I'm sure it was him!

"It had to of been..." I murmured out loud as I set a box into a cupboard.

My eyes began to twitch side to side like they had before, blurring my vision. A cold fog fuelled my senses.

"Not again..." I groaned.

Meanwhile at the local gazette

Danny Johnson was quick to dump his shroud and mask at his makeshift home before going back to work. It was only him in the silent gazette, or so he thought. He just wanted to talk to them a little more, he missed them. They used to talk all the time back in the realm before the Entity flipped their world upside down. His world more at the moment, they just didn't know yet.

They didn't remember.

On the plus side, Danny got to explore where his love lived before they were taken by the Entity. All the places they loved and talked to him about while they both laid on his bed, heads hanging off it upside down like a pack of teenage girls. But that also meant he had to spend many nights alone now, without them for once. Instead of coming home late after trials to cuddle up next to them, he'd lay flat on the bed of his temp home the Entity managed to organise for this little game of its.