"Today is going to be a long day so let's get to business, shall we?" he said, placing his books on the teacher's desk.

"He's definitely going to get me today," the boy beside me groaned as I muffled my laughter.

"Hey, Mom. How are you?" I said while washing my hands in the kitchen sink after returning from school.

"I'm good and you? I hope your day was okay," she replied as she turned off the stove.

"It was okay. We finally got some information about Nita."

"Really?" she asked in a relieved tone before facing the door. "Ama! Kai! Food is ready!"

"Okay!" my siblings replied before I heard heavy footsteps heading downstairs.

"Yes, turns out she was admitted in the hospital. She'll leave the hospital by tomorrow though," I explained as I took a seat on one of the chairs. "I do hope we'll be able to visit her as a class."

"That will be nice," she said with a head nod. "I also want to visit her if it's possible. I'd like to meet her step mother."

"That's a good idea," I said. "Where are they? I thought I heard footsteps?" I asked, referring to my siblings.

"They might be waiting for us in the dining room," she said as she handed me the plates. "Help me with those."

After eating, I went to my room to practice my drawing skills because it had been a while since I've done anything related to art.

After drawing a girl that was sitting on a bench in the middle of a park, I checked my phone to see if Kaya sent a message to the class group chat.

11th Grade

Kaya
I visited her. She's better but you can tell she hasn't had it easy.
*sent a photo*

Tabitha
Oh Nita... 🥺
I hope she's okay.

Damon
@//Kaya just said -
Nevermind.

Zara
You know how she is Dame 😂

Damon
And she still succeeds in annoying me with her questionable remarks every day 🙄

Tabitha
Leave me alone @//Damon
Go annoy @//Sanaa or someone else.

Sanaa
How does this concern me??

Tabitha
I'm sorry.

Zara
Are you? ARE YOU?

Kaya
...
Anyway, let's concentrate on important matters.

Tabitha
Okay

Lottie
What did I miss?

Chase
You have eyes to read dummy 🙄

Lottie
And who are you referring to?