CHAPTER SEVEN | Party

Start from the beginning

This summer feels like shit already, but I can't let that ruin my summer.

As Athena drives, the windows are down. The music blasts throughout the car, wind flows. Everyones singing, watching as the sun sets, Azariah singing his heart out to Miley Cyrus 'Party in the USA.' Throwing his head back and forth.

"PARTY- IN- THE- UUU- SSS- AAA." He screams, not sings. "Gotta love Miley, she created some bangers."

"Yes, yes she did." I laugh, when he starts singing again.

"Alright help me bring all of this up, you guys." Athena says parking the car.

"Oh? We're home?" Azariah questions confused.

"Yes you were too busy having a concert." She replies.

I wheeze.

But stop, once I see a figure out of the corner of my eye.

"I'll help." He says walking over, brushing past me.

Azariah mumbles a 'okay.'

"Rose, did you text everyone in the area?"

"Yeah I did, don't worry." She waves her hand, "I got you."

Doesn't he have the same desperation to want to talk about what happened? Or is it just me, only me.

God it makes me frustrated, I just- can't.

It's driving me insane, but it doesn't matter because I just push through. And I'll keep pushing through.

I two can keep the distance.

And it's so fucking funny, because we just met. But, does it matter?

It's now 9p.m, I'm in a red fitted dress. It ends above my knees, my hair is just down nothing too special. Athena wears a black dress, it tugs to her body perfectly. She rocks the fucking dress. I stand by the island, holding a red solo cup filled with some beer.

"Girl get over here!" She waves her hand, grabbing my shoulders. "Let loose a little bit?"

I raise my cup in front of her face, "I am."

"Yeah with one cup of beer, you haven't mingled."

Our house is filled to the brim, people fill the first floor, the balcony, the backyard. You name it, music blasts throughout the house, the bass making it vibrate each time. The lights are red, blue, green, etc. Some of our friends are here and they brought their friends and their friends brought more.

Fucking fantastic.

"Fine, I'll mingle."

"Atta girl." Athena says pushing me away.

I enter the living-room, bringing the cup up to my lips. Taking a sip of the nasty drink that sits in my hand. "Hey!" I shout through the music.

"Oh my god! Hey girl!" My friend from around the area, she pulls me into a hug. "This is one helluva party girlfriend. And you look fucking gorgeous."

"Stop," I shake my head smiling. "Same goes for you, babe." She wears a gold two piece, with gems, that reflect against the strobe lights.

Music pumps through my ears, making it hard for me to hear. So I bid my goodbyes and walk back over to the kitchen getting something else to drink.

"Hey." A familiar voice comments, Erik.

I turn my head over, holding the punch mixed with alcohol. "Who invited you?"

"Wow, rude much?" He laughs, "My girl heard from a friend and I came with, does that satisfy you?"

"Sure." Is all I say before he goes up to my ear, his hot breath hitting my neck. "You always smelt so good, the one good thing about dating you for a year. So fucking good."