16. Timeline change?

Amaltheia opened her eyes but all she could see was.... darkness.

Don't tell me I haven't returned-

She tried to move her body, but then realised that she was confined in a small space.

She tried again and realised it was a box..?

Wait- where am I?

The lid opened and what she saw astonished her.

Beautiful white sparkled illuminated the whole place. The place was familiar to her. Too familiar.

Isn't it our tower?

I'm back..

She slowly got out of the box and her body started floating mid air. Just as she wondered what was happening, all the sparkles formed a white glowing orb and got absorbed by her.

A burst of energy was felt and the whole place illuminated once again.

Amaltheia felt her mana increase like never before.

What the hell?

After finally registering the change in her mind, she started inspecting the place only to find that it had been abandoned.

The place was....dusty and gloomy.

Why do I always wake up to such places...?

She sighed and decided to try out her magic.

Amaltheia extended her hand towards the window and closed her eyes.

The wind blew and slowly a huge tornado formed outside the tower.

She opened her eyes and the tornado rushed towards the tower.

Wait wait wait, if I can do it like this-

The tornado decreased in size as it entered the tower through the window and travelled to every corner of the tower, cleaning it all up.

"Hmm~ this is quite handy." Amaltheia chuckled to herself as she saw the tower she was familiar with. The clean and tidy tower.

"I wonder how much time has passed.." she spread out her mana to detect any life around there.

Nobody..

She decided to look for Lucas.

But first, let's go out and see how the people are and how much time has actually passed.

****

Ughhhhhhh, 300 years?! And the magician of the tower disappeared two centuries ago?!

Apparently,He was in love with that aethernitas?!

That bastard aethernitas really did a good job in changing the history...I can't even find a single flaw except for the absurdity of this blatantly unbelievable lie.

Dammit. I didn't expect the time flow here to be so different from Earth. What do I do now...?

Find lucas? Yeah, I'll do that.

.
.
.

Goddammit! I just woke up and have to deal with this mess?!

She sighed and ruffled her hair as she observed the now clean and tidy tower.

Well atleast this is done.

"Let's go."

****

*Clang clink clink*

My treasures!!!

"Let's go, I should atleast have tea with my guest."

****

"P-papa?"

"..."

Hm? Did it work?! L-lets try again.

"Papa!"

****

"Ho...it looks like she has already met the emperor." Amaltheia said as her invisible body floated in the air.

"Let's go find my dear little brother then~"

****

My my...look at that..he lost so much of his mana... That bastard rat.... wait till I go kill him.

"Well, I'll just give some of mine~ I've got a lot of unnecessary mana stocked up anyways."

Amaltheia crouched down and looked at the sleeping 'beauty' that laid in the bed. (Aoi: most of y'all might have seen me using this 'sleepimg beauty' phrase many times and I do not regret to say that I will never let go of it!)

Her hand hovered over Lucas, who was still asleep in the obelian tower's highest storey.

A bright red light shone blinding Amaltheia for a moment until it became dark again.

My work is done here.

She huffed and got up looking around the place they had stayed for a short while, centuries back.

"This place hasn't changed at all. Hell, it looks cleaner. Don't tell me this brat had been wasting mana even in his sleep!"

Her gaze landed on the untouched books and the messed up bookshelves. All the books seemed to be about black magic, teleportation, and other worlds.

Amaltheia's gaze became chilly for a moment but soon turned back to normal. There was even a little warmth that was struggling to show itself.

"This silly dongsaeng of mine. I've come back now, so you don't need these worthless books~" she chuckled and waved her hand. All the books went back to their right places.

I'll have to go find the rat too..

Nah, it can be delayed. Let's go find the little princess! I can't wait to fangirl over her cuteness~

***************************************
(743 words) emm...so...this was a late update as well...ehehe....

Edit: timeline change doesn't mean anything. It's the same one she was from. Lmao I realised it after publishing. It just refers to the difference paces of timeflow back on earth and here in obelia. 

[Dongsaeng: little bro in korean]

Bye y'all!