Ch3 - I Think I Know What I Did Wrong

"Bird, you're absolute shit at this game!"

"How the fuck am I supposed to have my wings not hit the back of this damn dancepad thing!?"

"Guys, calm down and eat these nachos I just bought us."

"Right after I finish kicking birdie's ass as dance-dance-revolution!"

Keigo, Dabi, and Twice all decided to spend the day at the arcade--all in disguise of course. They actually had a pretty fun time, even if Keigo couldn't win a single round of DDR, dumb handle bars always scratching up his feathers.

The three sat at a circular table, all laughing about dumb shit that didn't matter as they scarfed down their nachos which were piled with a shit ton of toppings, most of which fell on tablecloth. It was black with many colorful shapes and squiggles, as were the walls and floors. It was like they were in a coming of age indies movie.

"Hawksie, can you get us milkshakes please?" Twice asks, clasping his hands together like a well... character in a movie when they wanted something.

"You're hanging out with Toga too much," Keigo comments at the use of the nickname.

"Says the one who's nails are painted with her nail polish!"

Keigo sighs before standing up.

"Okay, flavors?"

"Caramel please!" Twice chirps.

"Vanilla," Dabi says.

"Alright, I'll be right back."

A few minutes later, Keigo returns with a caramel milkshake, a vanilla milkshake, and a coca-cola milkshake.

"Yay! Thanks Hawks!" Twice chirps, hugging the glass to his face.

Dabi hums in agreement before sipping on his shake.

"At least someone here can say thank you," Keigo comments before sitting down and sipping on his own milkshake, which was surprisingly good.

"I'll thank you by giving you something else when we get back to the base."

"Why do you guys always insist on flirting when I'm here? It's making me feel single."

"Because Shigaraki threatens us, Toga is well... A minor so that's weird, and the others just ignore us. Plus, you're one of my closest friends in the league. I'm sure Dabi agrees, right Dabs?"

"Hmm? Yeah."

"Aww! You guys are so sweet, I'm glad I have you two in my life!"

It was all fake.

None of it was real.

The friendship was fake.

The words were fake.

The enjoyment of their time spent together was fake.

Keigo didn't care.

He didn't care about anyone in the league except for Dabi.

But he didn't want to kill Twice.

He really didn't want to, but he was just so stubborn and Keigo didn't want to feel that guilt any longer.