ch1 - I Get Scared, and I Start to Think of You

author's note) i didn't space this out at all bc i c&pd it directly from ao3 and i didnt wanna have to do anymore work bc i wanna make dinner and then start plotting out a sequel for this fic so like uhh yeah- if you want to read it with better line-spacing then it's crust bucket by butterflyboy4 on archive

It started out as just an infiltration mission. To gain the leagues trust and learn all about their twisted ways and vicious plans. Up from when he approached the dark haired man in the alleyway, and explained to him how he was quote on quote "Fed up with all the hero shit. I wanna take those fuckers down. So here's this. Let me work with the league, and I'll serve as a double spy for you all." Although, that didn't get Dabi to extinguish his flames. Instead, he walked closer to examine the hero closely.

The last thing that Keigo remembered from that day were those eyes.

Sure, he'd seen plenty of pictures of Dabi, a decent amount of which were in color. Although seeing his eyes in person, they had some sort of effect on Keigo. They were piercing, and the bird recognized them. Where he recognized them from? No clue. Maybe Endeavor-san? It was a similar-- Wait scratch that -- the same shade of blue as the number one hero's. Although Dabi was clearly not Endeavor-san, so why the fuck were his irises so familiar?

So, Keigo ended up in the League's second base. He knew it wasn't the real one, because why the fuck would Dabi bring him to the real deal to discuss with all of them about him being included with the league? Plus, the place looked like it hadn't been touched in years. There was a thick layer of dust coating most things, aside from the chairs and table they were sitting at.

Everything went smoothly. It had been about a month since Keigo had joined. Of course he wasn't an official member, just an associate of sorts. He'd seemed to have gained everyone at the league's trust, they even brought him to the real base!

Well, all but one of them at least.

"What's cookin' good lookin'?"

"Say anymore and it'll be fried bird."

Dabi.

Keigo and Dabi had somewhat of a mutual distrust and dislike for one another. While Keigo didn't really trust any of the league's members, most of them trusted him. Especially Twice. They were close, and Keigo knew for a fact that there wasn't a tad of distrust in his heart for him. Others like Toga, Spinner, Compress, and Kurogiri seemed more neutral on the whole thing, they didn't care as long as boss was happy and Keigo didn't get in their way. Shigaraki didn't fully trust Keigo, that he knew. Although, he was really getting there, and it wasn't nearly as much distrust as Dabi held for him.

With Dabi, there was an unspoken mutual distrust that they both recognized, though hid with the villain's empty jokes of cooking Keigo, and the hero's jokes about eating Dabi in a different sense. There was always tension--not that kind. Even if Keigo joked about it--whenever they were in the same room, Dabi shooting icier glares at Keigo than he did to anyone else, and Keigo shooting Dabi glares when he thought he wasn't looking.

"Really, what are you making?" Keigo asks genuinely, entering the kitchen and standing next to Dabi, staring at the sizzling meat in the pan. It smelled like chicken. Keigo also noted the rice cooker which was filled with already done rice.