𝑉𝐼𝐼. 𝐺𝑟𝑒𝑛𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑠

"Are you ready, Sergeant?" The female stood in line, her eyes narrowed but nonetheless neutral as she followed the male in front of her in the tent. "Of course, sir," she agreed, her voice stern and loud - just like they had taught her. The man scrutinised her with his gaze as she instinctively raised a hand to her head, saluting. "Good," he muttered, folding his hands together.

"Now, I want you to send your Platoon to the Kokoda Trail right away," he stated, making the Sergeant's eyes widen with surprise.

"Are you sure, Sir? They are not ready," she said cautiously, watching as the other only gave her a knowing, sympathetic expression. "I know, Sergeant. If there was another Platoon I could send, I would. You are the best person I have seen in a while, and though that it is something we are not used to, it's the only option right now to stop them."

The woman only sighed, her shoulders sagging as they realised that he was correct. "We have to stop the Japanese from occupying Port Moresby. Attack by Sea has been ruled out, the only option for the Japanese is to invade via the Kokoda Trial. We also need that place to launch attacks against both the Japanese and North into the Pacific," he continued to explain, his forehead creasing with concern.

"Can I rely on you to get this done?" The white-haired human frowned, looking into the desperate gaze of her superior.

"Yes, sir."

Leaving the small interior, Roselyn went to the men in her Platoon, one of the few who knew that she was the opposite gender she posed as. She informed them of what they were doing, also telling them how severely serious it was that they were successful in their attempts to push back the enemy lines.

It didn't take long for them to pack up, but it did take longer than expected to arrive there. The wind was harsh, and their stomachs were empty, yet they didn't dare eat anything that was left in such an open area.

"I don't like this," one murmured, his brown hair falling in his face as he prepared his gun with his right hand, looking around cautiously. "I don't think anyone likes this, Kent," Roselyn mused, her own gaze flickering through everything that moved. "We just had to take the more obvious, more open way to the Trail," she continued, just as a shout was heard.

"Everyone, crouch!" she whisper-yelled, dropping to the floor, glancing behind her at her Platoon, who all did the same thing she did, their faces full of concern and fear. They were scared, and they had every right to be.

Especially since they are now in the waiting game of the Japanese.

"They planned this," a male growled, spitting onto the ground. His fear had quickly turned into anger, which he directed to the one person he saw fit. "This is your fault," he cursed, whirling on the white-haired female, who just gave him a scowl.

"This is not the time to put the blame on people, Private Cameron," she hissed out, her eyes now filled with alarm as she searched the scenery. "Right now, we should be focused on getting out of this," she continued, biting down on her bottom lip. They weren't even at the Trail, and the Japanese were already here. It made her realise that they were faster than expected.

"We wouldn't be in this si-" Cameron clamped his mouth shut as he noticed the colour of her eyes. They weren't the usual dark blue he would often describe as a sign of reliability he'd see when having a conversation with her at dinner time in the woods.

No, they were bright blue. Like a lagoon blue, and more often than not, he found out it meant something big was happening, and either she was going to get harmed by someone else or herself.