♡ part nine ♡

the director shuffled his phone in his large hands, struggling to hold it correctly, "shit, shit, shit.".

Nicole: Remember I'm bringing Henry over in 20 minutes.

-

in a panicky manner, charlie quickly typed a response.

C: Alright, I'll see you soon and we can talk things over then.

"what's wrong charlie?" you shouted through the hallway, your little footsteps following his not-so-quiet muttering to himself.
as he attempted to hide his phone in the pocket of his sweatpants, he found himself directly in front of you. "hey baby." he rested against the wall beside him, accidentally revealing his phone to you as he did so.

your eyes scanned the screen and read the text from nicole. you felt your heart drop at the news.
"oh this is bad..."
charlie sighed and placed his hand over his mouth in thought. "it's fine - i'll explain to nicole the situation..." the director scrambled for words.
your eyes locked as you spoke, "you won't tell her everything though, will you?"
"no! fuck no, y/n" charlie furrowed his eyebrows, "what we have going on - whatever you wanna call it - stays between us, okay? at least for now anyway."

at least for now?

you knew you couldn't be public about your relationship - charlie was twice your age and a friend of your parents. nevertheless, it hurt how you had to keep your love a secret.

you furrowed your eyebrows back at him, "for now?"
he held both of your shoulders tight and bent down to your height. "who knows what will happen. but for now, i'll tell nicole you're working at the theatre. henry's not an issue either, he's a sweetheart - you will get along well."

you had never asked much about charlie's son. to be fair, the only time you had together was focused on your relationship rather than family situations. you figured henry was just a kid, and that it would be easy for you to play with him while he stayed.

charlie noticed you were deep in thought.
"baby i don't know what you're thinking about, but there's no need to be worried, henry will be staying for tonight and then i'll try to sort something with nicole..." he ran his fingers through his hair out of stress.
"take a deep breath charlie, you don't need to be stressed out. we've got this, right?" you smiled lovingly, earning a smirk from him. you threw your arms around his neck and gave him a quick kiss.
"thanks y/n." charlie beamed back.
you nodded.

-

your head delicately rested on charlie's chest as you lay on the sofa together. his fingers ran through your hair, his heart beating so heavily that you could feel it against your head.

a knock on the door disturbed the peaceful silence.

"shit, sorry sweetheart." charlie lifted you off of him and rushed over to the door. you stayed in the living room since nicole and henry would soon be coming through.
you could hear faint welcomes before hearing the sound of little footsteps running into the living room.

then you met eyes with henry. he was adorable, short with big brown eyes. "hi." he said softly.
you laughed lightly, "hey henry, i'm y/n."

luckily for you, the somewhat awkward but sweet conversation with henry was interrupted by nicole who entered the living room, charlie following behind her.

charlie felt awkward. here was nicole, his ex wife, meeting his new love interest, his friend's hot eighteen year old daughter. it was fucked up he confessed, but he couldn't help but feel like he was showing you off. he could tell nicole was somewhat jealous, maybe slightly angry even, that he found you. you were the most beautiful little thing he had ever seen and nicole could sense that.