𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙾𝚗𝚎

Start from the beginning

The demon...

"Oh alright. Thank you for the help!" You kindly waved them off as they did the same to you. You also noticed at the mention of the orphanage, the child squeezed your hand tighter to which didn't go unnoticed. Maybe she is from the said orphanage. But, she looks like she's scared. Then again, an orphanage probably isn't the best place for a little girl. You couldn't even imagine living in one. No family, just alone with some kids. But then again. Maybe you'd make some friends along the way. Still, it didn't sound the best. Especially since that woman mentioned something about the children escaping out of there. They must have a reason for it.

"Hey... Tanjiro?" You called out. He looked over and answered with a hum. "Can I talk to you for a moment?"

"Sure." You nodded your head in acknowledgement and looked over at the young girl.

"We'll be right back." You said patting her head. You moved your (e/c) eyes back up to look at the blondes amber ones.

"Can you watch her for a moment?"

He nodded his head and held the kid's hand. You then walked over to a less crowded area in which could only have the two of you talking.

"I know this is going to sound really weird but, I feel like we should keep the girl with us. Just until nightfall."

"But... why not bring her to the orphanage now?" He asked in confusion.

"When that woman just now mentioned something about an orphanage, she said that kids would be leaving there all the time, unsupervised. Like as if they are trying to get out... intentionally." You explained as you emphasized the last word. Tanjiro nodded his head slowly.

"But then... I don't understand, if they are leaving, why are they going back?" He asked. You shrugged again, not exactly knowing how to answer that.

"When she did say something about the orphanage, the girl she... she grabbed my hand and squeezed it tighter. Like she was anxious about it." You mentioned.

"Oh."

"Yeah... so I feel like we should watch her just for now. If that's alright with you and all."

"Of course it is Y/N!" He exclaimed happily. You grinned at his enthusiasm.

"Okay then!"

You both walked back to the two demon slayers and the young child. You didn't notice until now that Inosuke was making karate chopping moves with his hands towards other people. A man passed by minding his own business and Inosuke just yells at him. The man then picks up his pace and scurries away. Terrified of what had just happened.

"Inosuke!" You and Tanjiro yelled back. He made another hand motion.

"DON'T TOUCH THE CHILD!" He yelled.

"Inosuke! It's just us!" You both exclaimed. The little girl laughed at the funny man. You looked back at her and felt a smile being brought up to your face as well hearing her laugh. It was so adorable. You crouched down to her level and put a hand upon her shoulder.

"Okay... so we have decided that until night, we will take care of you for now." You stated. Her eyes had begun to glow brighter as she became really excited.