𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝙾𝚗𝚎

Start from the beginning

She didn't say anything. This caused you to raise an eyebrow.

"U-Uh... are you okay?" You asked again. She still kept silent.

"Y/N!" You turned your head and saw the red haired boy come running down towards you. As he came closer, he stopped as his gaze landed on the little girl.

"Oh... who's this?" He asked. You shrugged.

"I don't know. She hasn't said anything at all." Tanjiro crouched down in front of the girl. The girl looked at Tanjiro and then back at you.

"Mommy... Daddy." Your eyes widened upon hearing the words that this little girl said. Did she really just say that?

'U-Um we aren't your parents." You muttered nervously as you rubbed the back of your neck.

"Tanjiro! Y/N-Chan!" The familiar blonde yelled into the alleyway as he came running through along with Inosuke. He also stopped when he saw both you and Tanjiro with the little girl.

"Oh... is this who was crying?" Zenitsu asked.

"No Monistu! It was you!" Inosuke yelled sarcastically at the blonde.

"Hey! I do not cry!" You, Tanjiro, and Inosuke stared at Zenitsu. He looked at all three of your faces and screeched.

"WHAAAA! COME ON GUYS! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BACK ME UP HERE! Y/N-CHANNNN~!" He whined as he looked back at you. You felt yourself giggle and shrug at the same time.

"So who is this girl?" Zenitsu asked.

"We don't know. She hadn't even said her name. The only thing she did was call us... mommy and daddy." Tanjiro explained as he motioned his pointer finger to himself and you.

"Wait what?! How can this little girl call you both a mommy and a daddy if you'd only just met now?!" Zenitsu questioned with the utmost confusion.

"I don't know. I really do not know," You shrugged. "But we should find her parents. They must be worried sick." Tanjiro nodded his head and stood back up while looking at the small girl which looked back up at him.

"Come now, lets go find your parents." He said, holding a hand out for her to take. The young child looked into his burgundy red eyes. She looked over at you as you stood up and held out your hand as well. Both of your eyes shined brighter than the stars. A gleam of hope and kindness shone through them like a candle in a dark room. She took the both of your hands and you took off.

┌───͙⊱••✩••̩̩͙⊰•───┐

"E-Excuse me?" You called out to a couple that passed by you trying to get their attention. They stared at you, awaiting your next words.

You had been looking for this young girl's parents for at least an hour or maybe even longer than that. And you still couldn't find them.

"Is this your daughter?" You asked. The couple looked at the girl who hid behind you slightly and held onto the skirt of your kimono as well as your hand. The couple shook their heads no.

"No, I'm sorry." They apologized.

"It's alright. We've just been trying to find her parents for over an hour at least and still can't find them." You stated.

"Oh well, there is an orphanage around town here. I hear that some of their kids get out of there somehow and don't want to come back. Most of them do, however, few don't which is a little strange." The woman mentioned. Your eyes slightly widened as your gaze fixed into Tanjiro's. You guessed he was thinking the same thing.