chapter 2

-im going to just call the jane and lucy *the carers*-

unedited :/

~flashback~

when louis first saw the boy it was the first day for them both in the orphanage. louis was brought in with jane and a lady called lucy took harry there. although he was only 3, the toddler felt drawn to the adorable little child in the strangers arms. 

so after nearly a full day of not talking or interacting with anyone, louis slowly stepped over to the woman without making eye contact with her. because all the boy was concentrated on was the small bundle of joy she was holding. when lucy realized that louis was looking at the baby, she crouched down carefully while jane watched curiously. she hadn't seen louis willingly leave her side all day and he certainly hadn't spoke a single word to anyone so she was intrigued to see how he would act around a baby and new person. 

now louis could see the newborn up close, he noticed how the baby had a sage green blanket wrapped around his tiny frame and his small dainty fingers clutched onto the edge. he saw how the boys skin was pale and his nose was smaller than a button. his fine eyelashes curled slightly upwards creating faint shadows on his cheeks from the light above.

the in-awe boy lifted his hand and ever so slowly placed it on harry's bare head and gently moved it backwards, stroking his wavy hazel hair. feeling the soft hand on his head, harry's eyelids lifted slowly to see who the touch belonged to and his eyes glistened brightly when they connected with a pair of blue shining ones, peering at him adoringly.

louis' hand gently stroked from the top of harry's head; by his curls down to his round chin. he felt the skin under his fingertips and it was the softest thing hes ever felt -even softer that his favorite baby blue teddy bear-. when he held harry's chin in his fingers, the newborns slim fingers released his fuzzy blanket and found the older boys bigger hand and latched onto it delicately. 

louis pov

snapping back to reality, i quickly grab my favorite hoodie that harry loves to wear (hence why its my favorite). it is baby blue with a small light brown teddy bear sewn into it on the left breast with the same baby blue eyes. i also get my blue fluffy socks from the same set with the same bear on them and place them in harrys suitcase.

 then i go to my packed bags and get our pile of pictures that we have taken or had taken of us over the 12 years that we have known each other from our very first day to..... well, to our last. no, stop bringing it up louis, i scold myself i pick out the duplicates of us together and ones of just harry for me to keep along with my favorite picture of us both. for the rest, i put them with my hoodie and socks in harrys suitcase and zip it up but leaving a little bit of a gap so i can put something in there later.

i sit on our double bed wondering if i should just tell him. i know im going to regret not telling him but... i just cant bear to see his face when i break the news, so surely its better to not have to see him when he finds out... right?

i quickly grab a piece of A4 paper and a pen that i quickly realize is green. ha how fitting. just as i set the paper down to start writing, i suddenly hear a soft padding of bare feet down the hallway and then shortly after, i hear the click clock of  heels trailing after. without thinking, i attempt to speedily zip up harry's suitcase with great difficulty and stuff the pen and paper in my pocket. crumpling it in the process. fuck it i could't care less right now.