Chapter 1

"Valentina, wake up, wake up!" I could hear voice of my closest friend Roberta calling me after I woke up from having a nightmare.

I opened my eyes and looked at her looking at me worriedly because I couldn't wake up for a long time.

"I had a night mare. They captured us." I said to her as I lived in fear for past few weeks of pirates. They came to our village and kidnapped young girls to send them into Sultan's Harem.

Luckily Roberta and I were on the beach while that happened, so we were on the safe place no one could find us.

"Come on, Valentina, you can't live in fear from pirates. They came once, and do you know when will they come next? In five years," already annoyed Roberta said to me.

My name is Valentina and I am 17 years old. For my whole life I lived happily with my parents and my younger brother on the greek island.

For my whole life I lived happily, until the day that changed my destiny has come...

"Do you think it's weird no one is outside on the streets?" Roberta asked me as we walked through the village to find the way to the beach.

"I told you Roberta that everyone lives in fear. We should also hide not walk around," I said to her, but she was too stubborn.

We walked around until we saw our neighbours Karla and Margareta walking around and being kinda in fear.

"Are you two normal to be outside here alone? People saw pirate boats are coming towards us, we should hide," Margareta said to us and I knew I should have stayed home.

"What will we do now?" Roberta asked worriedly and I just sighed of annoyement as she was the one because of who this happened.

Margareta, Karla and Roberta looked at each other worriedly for their life and having no idea what should they do.

"Follow me," I said to them and started walking towards the old lighthouse on the beach. No one would ever go there as it was abandoned for years.

It took us about half an hour to get there and we hid there hoping no one could see us there.

"I am so scared now," Roberta said.

"You are scared now but why haven't you thought about it when you forced me to go out?" I asked Roberta who didn't feel any better of my words but instead just felt guilty because of her wish to go outside.

"Girls, what happened happened, now we can only pray that they don't find us," Margareta said and in that moment we heard a noice outside.

We were hidden in little wooden house next to old lighthouse from where from the hole in the wall we could look outside.

I went to that hole and I could see many of the pirates coming out from the boat and going right to our village.

"They will find us," Roberta said so loudly that I putted my hand on her face just to shut up.

"Be quiet," I said to her and continued to look at what is happening outside.

Everything seemd completely nice because they weren't really close to us, but at that moment Karla well back and all the old things made noice.

"Someone is there," I could hear pirates talking when they heard noice coming from the house and running towards us.

"God, please help us," I whispered inside myself knowing this would be our end.

"Valentina, wake up!" I heard Roberta's voice calling for me and when I opened my eyes I saw many girls being around me including Margareta and Karla also.