𝘅. go big or go home

𝓛IAR, 𝓛IAR
a wiIshire production.

𝓛IAR, 𝓛IARa wiIshire production

X. 𝒢𝒪 𝐵𝐼𝒢 𝒪𝑅 𝒢𝒪 𝐻𝒪𝑀𝐸
( no fucking way! )

⠀⠀𝓘T didn't take long after LaMelo's rejected confession for the couple to scramble for the elevator in an attempt to run away from the utter mess that was their previous conversation.

⠀⠀"Well..." He cleared his throat awkwardly, "That ain't really go how I planned it."

⠀⠀Genesis clenched her jaw, eyes glued to the elevator doors as if silently urging them to open would make any difference.

⠀⠀"No response." Melo muttered to himself lowly, "Way to shoot a man when he's down."

⠀⠀Genesis rolled her eyes. Typical LaMelo; always having to make sure everyone in the room knew what he was thinking at all times.

⠀⠀She chose to ignore his attitude as they stepped into the elevator wordlessly and punched in the button to take them back to the ground floor.

⠀⠀The door slid shut, encasing them in an awkward silence as it rumbled down the shaft and the music blaring from the speakers of the nightclub faded back into earshot.

⠀⠀"Look, Ness," Melo sighed, breaking the silence at last, "Ion want it to be weird between us."

⠀⠀She laughed under her breath, "Prolly shouldn't've confessed your feelings to your ex then, huh?"

⠀⠀He rolled his eyes, "Man, I was jus tryna be transparent with y-"

⠀⠀"Jus playin', Dip." She interjected, offering him a small smile, "I feel you... We've had a good vibe going recently. Let's keep it that way."

⠀⠀He nodded, breathing a sigh of relief as he reached in to engulf her small body in a reconciliatory hug.

⠀⠀LaMelo and Genesis had always worked like this. They weren't perfect, they rarely saw eye-to-eye and often got into little squabbles; but at the end of the day, they understood each other like nobody else could. Perhaps it was the reason they'd managed to bear with one another for over 3 years, as if an invisible string was tied between the two that just kept pulling them back to each other no matter how hard they both tried to escape it.