𝗶𝘅. for you

𝓛IAR, 𝓛IAR
a wiIshire production.

𝓛IAR, 𝓛IARa wiIshire production

IX. 𝐹𝒪𝑅 𝒴𝒪𝒰
( it's just too much. )

⠀⠀ 𝓓EVIN and Genesis' conversation quickly dissipated as LaMelo came to a stop in front of them.

⠀⠀"Hey, LaFrance." Genesis tried her best to mask the awkward tension with a smile as she reached in to hug him.

⠀⠀Melo gratefully returned the hug, giving her a gentle squeeze and warily eyeing Devin before they retracted.

⠀⠀Genesis hoped the two would just act like they saw right through each other, or that a miracle would happen to somehow draw one of the men away to save the unease of an interaction; but alas, no such thing happened.

⠀⠀Devin cleared his throat, plastering on his face the most genuine smile he could muster as he extended a hand to the younger man, "Nice to meet you, bro. I'm Devin."

⠀⠀LaMelo didn't even try to front a warm facade as he eyed him head to toe with lips set in a tight line, weakly shaking his hand wordlessly.

⠀⠀"Uh..." Devin faltered awkwardly as a painstaking silence came over the trio, "Melo, right?"

⠀⠀"Yup." Melo replied dryly, not even bothering to meet him in the eyes.

⠀⠀Devin glanced at his girlfriend with an expression that read, 'What's this guy's problem?'

⠀⠀Genesis simply squeezed his hand in response, silently apologising for LaMelo's cold behaviour.

⠀⠀"What're you doing here, Dip?" She sighed exasperatedly.

⠀⠀"I came to see you." He shrugged, looking between the couple with an unimpressed expression etched on his face, "Didn't know that you were gonna be... preoccupied."

⠀⠀Genesis and Devin exchanged a wary look, silently choosing to brush off his attitude. Though to be frank, at this point Devin was ready to explode, had it not been for the crowd of gossiping celebrities and paparazzi surrounding them.

⠀⠀"Oh." Genesis replied quietly, jaw tightening as she fought the urge to chastise her ex-boyfriend right then and there.

⠀⠀A small smirk tugged at Melo's lips as he directed a question to Devin at last, "Mind if I steal her, bro?"

⠀⠀Genesis grimaced as she watched Devin's brow quirk defensively at his wording. She squeezed his hand once more as a reminder to keep things civil.